Author Topic: Lilian Muxlow  (Read 209 times)

Offline polypody

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lilian Muxlow
« on: Wednesday 19 June 19 15:22 BST (UK) »
Some years back I was a member of the Sheffield FHS forum & was in correspondence with lady in Australia who I believe was a relation to the Muxlow's. We exchanged a few public posts but then she sent me a private message that I was not aware of until sometime later. I intended to reply but then it seemed that the forum had closed as I could not gain access to it. I felt bad about it as I did not want the lady to think I was being rude in not responding. Her user name may have been something like 'Aussiegirl'

My connection with Lillian Muxlow is through my maternal grandparents, Fred & Phoebe Allen of Reading, Berkshire. Over the years, since WW1, Lillian lived with the Allenís & we, the grandchildren, always referred to her as Aunty Lil but to my knowledge she was not related. She passed away in the 1980's & my wife & I arranged her burial in Reading.

I remember Aunty taking me to see her sister, Edith Dewsbury, in Hull in the late 1950's. Edith had two grandchildren, Sandra & Norma, who would both be my age or older (68)

If the foregoing rings any bells please get in touch. I know it's a long shot but who knows!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
Re: Lilian Muxlow
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 16:34 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!

Whilst I'm afraid I can't help you with your query, I wonder whether it might be worthwhile putting MUXLOW on the Surname Interests Table here (it doesn't appear currently, I've just looked).

Go down to the bottom of the page and look for Surname Interests.

Then at least you may be able to get in touch with anyone searching for the Muxlow name.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Belgium/East London.
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline polypody

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 16:50 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your suggestion.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Australia
    • View Profile