Author Topic: Bird family from Wales  (Read 590 times)

Offline mauze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bird family from Wales
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 22 June 19 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Osprey,
              I have a copy of the Haulier's death in 1883, that was registered in Pontypridd, looks like the address was 45 Duffryn St, Mountain Ash. The only problem was it was reported by a son in law William Clarke.
              This was my reason for rejecting it, the name of the son in law, is not a name I have come across in the family. John's brother George was still in Wales only he was in Aberystruth and as he lived with George and his wife before he married and Catherine was with as single people I would have thought he might have stayed with him.
               I also have seen haulier's to do with coal industry. Her death was reported by her first born Sarah Jane, daughter who was living in Mill Lane.
               I will still not completely rule him out as it was after Catherine's death.
Thank you for your effort I am sure he will come to light, it might be that the spelling of his surname could be wrong.
Regards Mauze                 

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 22 June 19 15:12 BST (UK) »
the haulier death was the one who was a general carrier on the 1881 census and he was born Yewsfield, Gloucestershire, wife Ann born in France. RG11/5295 folio 125 pg 65
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mauze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 22 June 19 20:40 BST (UK) »
Morning Osprey,
                      That one is definitely ruled out will mark it so as not to waste time on it. I think I will get copies of some of the girls marriages between 1875 and 1888.
I have a copy of Ada Louisa's birth no mention of father being deceased in March 1875 nor Emily Sophia's marriage in September 1885 no deceased against his name.
                       It might help narrow it down.
Thanks for taking the time to help Mauze   

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 22 June 19 21:51 BST (UK) »
father being noted as deceased on marriage certs is not to be relied upon. The question was name & occupation of father. I have 3 brothers in my family who married in the 1840s & 1850s, one of them more than once. Father is not noted as deceased on any of the marriage entries although he had died in 1835!

I'll have a look for any parish marriages that may be online
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline mauze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 22 June 19 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 On Emily,s marriage (England) it says father Collier. On her death transcript (NSW) it says Labourer. No family informant it was matron of hospital, I would assume the details would have been given by William her husband as Emily was only 44 when she died. She died from the same thing as her mother peritonitas.
NSW have the best BDM,s I have ever come across. I have sent for the marriages of Mary Jane and Catherine and will probably get some of the others. I did from memory find Mary Jane's entry on ancestry for a marriage (church entry) although I must have printed it and not saved so will look again I am sure though it said collier.
Regatds Mauze

Offline mauze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 June 19 00:11 BST (UK) »
To Osprey and Solidrock,
 I received a copy of John Bird death Feb 1875 not mine he was a glass maker and died from cirrhosis. Lived 3 New Bread St Bristol, daughter Ann LLoyds was informant she lived at 5 New Bread St. So the search will go on.
Thank you once again for your help,
Regards Mauze