Author Topic: xxxxParish registers-Wilson...Ogilvie  (Read 3168 times)

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
xxxxParish registers-Wilson...Ogilvie
« on: Tuesday 16 August 05 20:45 BST (UK) »
Looking for the record of the marriage of Charles Wilson and Agnes Wilson Ogilvie. Believe they were married in Perth or Edinburgh as he was with the Blackwatch at that time. I have tried LDS records but can only come up with 1 of their children
Christina Ogilvie Campbell Wilson-B: 7 Feb. 1896. She was the youngest of 9 children.
   Also trying to find the birth place of Charles Wilson. Agnes Ogilvie was born in Perth 24 November 1865.

Thank You-Regards: Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: xxxxParish registers-Wilson...Ogilvie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 21:20 BST (UK) »
For 1896, you should be looking in the civil registers, available online for a fee at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for the birth that you found on LDS records. The birth certificate should give a place and date for the parents' marriage. Then, all going well, you should be able to find that on ScotlandsPeople too.

ADP

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 23:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you ADP, I tried their search bar with no results. I have an address from my grandmothers marriage certificate  from 1909 in St. Ninian,s Cathedral, that Charles Wilson lived at 28,West Mill Street,Perth. By that time he was out of the army and working as a Railway Carriage Inspector in Perth. His wife was deceased at that occasion on 25 June 1909.
    Thank you again for your help.   Regards: Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 23:21 BST (UK) »
I've just had a quick search on the ScotlandsPeople index. There is a marriage in 1885 in Perth between Charles Wilson and Agnes Ogilvie. Given the co-incidence between that information and the information you have, it has to be worth spending the credits on to see that certificate.

ADP