Author Topic: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child  (Read 944 times)

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 June 19 11:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra re the Wall/Scott/Giblin info. Thanks to Brill Canadian records and those in the U.K. I had all that except for the possibility that Mary Elizabeth Wall and husband John William Wall may have had another child after their first son sadly died at a few days old. I am not in Facebook but will try and follow that up via Ancestry ( which my sister is on) or MyHeritage which I am on.

Both Julia and Annie sent holy cards with messages on the back to Nanny in the early 1920s which we only found this year when dealing with another family death. They did not have addresses on and were each signed  either Julia or Annie. The latter may or may not mean anything as she could have been Margaret in Canada and Annie to her sister in England.
PatsyAnn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:12 BST (UK) »
There is a RAOGK volunteer for Winnipeg Manitoba - worth an email to see if she could access the marriage certificate for Stanley Heppenstall and Margaret Giblin  ???

https://raogk.org/lookups/region/manitoba/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:18 BST (UK) »
Wow Sandra you seem to have cracked it! I had always worked under the misapprehension that she was Welier ( as convent said) first and then Heppenstall second. Even considering whether Welier had died in WW1. Together Ambly, RunKitty and you have solved it. Thank you!
One error I made in earlier post was that Margaret Giblin lived with Nanny until her death. That was inaccurate she lived with Mary Margaret Giblin Berry ( Aunty Mary Berry) and her family a few doors away from her daughter Kate Giblin Kelly, Nanny in Woolwich.
What a tangled web it has been.

A little more back story is that my husband's sister wanted to find out about her Nanny ( Kate Giblin Kelly) and I promised her I would try but at that time 20 years ago,I  couldn't access the Irish records as we can now so could find little about her, only knowing that she was born in Ireland.
My sister in law died last year and I decided I would try again to fulfill my promise to her. Now so much more  is available online and the Canadian records are also brilliant that I quickly uncovered Nanny's sad family history including tracing down Julia and Frederick in Canada but Annie has proved elusive. Until now. Now I need to follow through in the children and grandchildren from her marriage to Stanley.
Your help has been invaluable. What stars.
PatsyAnn

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:24 BST (UK) »
So the E Welier - is definitely Edward Weber (wife Margaret Weber) who lived at 1393 Lincoln Avenue, Winnipeg North according to Canada Voters Lists.

Sandra

Yes - Both Margaret and Edward Weber's obits from 1976 say their address was 1393 Lincoln Avenue. 

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:29 BST (UK) »

You little star RK.  ;)

Canada Voters List 1972 - shows a John Heppenstall (caretaker) and Jean Heppenstall (housewife) - BX20 - GR 3 - R.R. 1  Wpg.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:31 BST (UK) »
This could be the John Heppenstall (with a wife Jean) - 1930 - 1998

Winnipeg Free Press on Aug 25, 2008

https://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-139719/HEPPENSTALL_JOHN

Winnipeg Free Press on Aug 25, 2007

https://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-124028/HEPPENSTALL_JOHN

Sandra

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:50 BST (UK) »
I think you are correct Sandra.  Both Margaret/Annie's children are deceased.  Hopefully PeggyAnn can contact some of their descendants for more information.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:52 BST (UK) »
Elma Weber Buth obituary from 2003.  She is Margaret/Annie's step daughter.  Daughter of Edward and Karline Weber.  (looks like Edward's first wife went by Caroline/Karline/Lina etc...)

https://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-75697/BUTH_ELMA

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 30 June 19 13:04 BST (UK) »
Nelson Weber (Webber in the obit) died 22 May 1981 in Winnipeg.  Obit in the Winnipeg Free Press.  He is survived by his wife, and daughter...S Zemek of Winnipeg.  Predeceased by daughter Marilyn Jan 18 1980 in Wenatchee, Washington.   Survived by siblings Larry of Kelowna BC, Lloyd of Vancouver, Lil Howard of Vancouver and Elma Buth of Winnipeg.  Interment Brookside Cemetery. 

RK