Author Topic: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child  (Read 4062 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child
« Reply #63 on: Monday 08 July 19 22:22 BST (UK) »

Looks like one of the two trees has been removed since I wrote that reply. The one that remains is Green/Flemming/Johnson - tree owner - tibeaudo.  Fairly certain that the other tree belonged to the same person under the same name as reply 24. Interesting I was able to look at all the photographs on that link and cannot now so something changed.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lorraine-wait-6a838568?trk=public_profile_samename_mini-profile_title

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 08 July 19 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra
Where was the tree please? That's what I don't understand. On Ancestry?
I sent a message through LinkedIn but got no reply. Perhaps she doesn't want to be contacted?
Thanks
PatsyAnn

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 08 July 19 23:14 BST (UK) »
Quite possibly one tree was removed after your enquiry and the Facebook entry made more private. As the reply 23 said, it was an ancestry tree.  The one that is still showing is explained above. Pretty sure it was the same person who owned both but left off the child’s name on the remaining one.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 08 July 19 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra
I have now found the tree and have messaged her via Ancestry. Fingers crossed she will reply. She is definitely the missing link, granddaughter of my Frederick Charles Giblin and a sibling of the child who died in 1944.
Thanks again for everything
PatsyAnn

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi again everyone
I am excited to report that the granddaughter of my Frederick Charles Giblin, British Home Child, brother of the Annie/Margaret Giblin/Heppenstall/Weber  I have been looking for has made contact with me after Sandra pointed me in the right direction. I hope she will have photos etc from her grandfather which will help to make the names relate to human beings.
I am still trying to trace the grandchildren of Annie/Margaret with no success so far. Frederick's family in Vancouver do not seem to have kept in touch with Margaret's family in Winnipeg, but maybe we can join forces and track them down to put the final pieces into the jigsaw.
Thank you all for all the wonderful help and advice. You are all stars.
Best wishes
PatsyAnn

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 13:01 BST (UK) »

Brilliant, thanks for the update, it is always appreciated.

Sandra

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 13:54 BST (UK) »
Wonderful news!! :) :)

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 17:14 BST (UK) »

Wonder if John and Mary Elizabeth also had a son - there is a Canada Voters List 1972 - which would put John William Wall, Mary Elizabeth Wall and a Gordon Frederick Wall (parts driver) at 1757 Dorset Avenue Fraser Valley BC.

Sandra

Offline PatsyAnnKelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra yes, in total they had 5 children, one died at 2 days old in 1944 then 4 more of which 3 are still alive. Info from their daughter who I am now in contact with.
Thanks
PatsyAnn