Author Topic: Gravestone Photos  (Read 913 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gravestone Photos
« on: Monday 01 July 19 14:56 BST (UK) »
Various churchyards/cemeteries.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/EA6123BAE2F1E6A

Super resource, the site owner has granted permission to download individual photos FOR PERSONAL USE, but retains copyright and the right to withdraw the photos from the site should he wish.
Well worth a look, there are 21 gravestone albums and a guest book where you can pass on comments/thanks if you find a stone for one of your ancestors.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gravestone Photos
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Boo for letting us know about this wonderful website - I agree it looks superb - and no doubt this will be very helpful to many people.

I looked at Earsdon and saw a good photo of a Miller/Campbell gravestone.  I have a photo of this already - I was told about this grave on RootsChat a good while back by a very kind RootsChatter when I was researching Jacob and Jane Miller nee Anderson.  I see the person who took the photo of their gravestone took the photo in 2005.  The stone looks to have been more upright then than what is was like when I took the photo.  It is such a good thing that some people take it upon themselves of doing the service of photographing old grave stones whilst they are still legible and upright.  The Miller/Campbell gravestone is now slightly leaning over at a right angle and I do wonder how long it might be before it might topple over altogether.

My Great Grandfather Simon Peter Conroy had a brother called Thomas Conroy and this Thomas married Jacob and Jane Miller's eldest daughter Isabella.  Also their son Michael Miller married Elizabeth Watson who was the daughter of William and Mary Watson nee Conroy who was a sister of my Great Grandfather.  So that is why I was interested in the first place in that grave.

I will look forward to browsing this site more in future.  Well done to the person who built up this site - it looks to be a fantastic resource - and many thanks to you Boo for sharing its existence with us all. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gravestone Photos - site no longer exists :-(
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 13:15 BST (UK) »
Such a shame, but the photographer has 'some' of the photos on Flickr

See this post:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=844567.msg7158898#msg7158898

Boo