Author Topic: May Martha walker  (Read 2652 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
May Martha walker
« on: Tuesday 02 July 19 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi im doing a family tree and I come a cross James walker my 5th direct ancestor born 1829 in Brinkley who married Mary Ann walker born Gresley Dec 16th 1861 and died 1877 in Warwickshire.
James mum was May Martha walker born 1878 September Warwick and got baptism Warwick July 1, 1877.
That's all the information I have on May Martha walker so I don't no if she got married to James walker dad or when she died or if she had any more children. So can you please help me

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: May Martha walker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 23:18 BST (UK) »
A mother cannot have been born 50 years after her child.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 23:37 BST (UK) »
May Martha walker is apparently my 5th direct ancestor I took a stap shot for you to see

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 23:40 BST (UK) »
May Martha walker is apparently my 6th direct ancestor I took a stap shot for you to see

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 23:49 BST (UK) »
Can you please check dates, have you made an error with yrs?

You have James born 1829 then his mother May Martha born 1878

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 00:12 BST (UK) »
I think you need to read through what you posted as it doesn't make sense.

May Martha Walker b.1877 was the daughter of James Walker and Mary Ann Neal who married at Warwick 11/8/1861.

She  married a John Fred Sabin 18/12/1902 Warwick (Emscote).

James Walker was a soda water bottler and he was bc.1838 Scotland according to 1871 census.  He died 1877.

Mary Ann Walker, nee Neal, shown on census to have been born circa 1839-1841 Snitterfield, Warwickshire.       She was actually baptised Snitterfield 13/10/1840, dau. of Richard and Martha.  She died Sept.1900 Warwick.

Where you get Brinkley and Gresley from I have no idea.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 00:29 BST (UK) »
Don't know where you got the screen shot from but it is wrong - according to census and his death he was bc.1838/9 (not 1829) and his wife was not named Mary Ann Walker, she was Mary Ann Neal and born 1840 Snitterfield, not Gresley!

You shouldn't just accept that what someone has posted is fact.  You need to check the facts and in this instance the birthdate/birthplace is wrong for James and the surname/birthplace for Mary Ann is wrong.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 01:42 BST (UK) »
I think you need to read through what you posted as it doesn't make sense.

May Martha Walker b.1877 was the daughter of James Walker and Mary Ann Neal who married at Warwick 11/8/1861.

She  married a John Fred Sabin 18/12/1902 Warwick (Emscote).

James Walker was a soda water bottler and he was bc.1838 Scotland according to 1871 census.  He died 1877.

Mary Ann Walker, nee Neal, shown on census to have been born circa 1839-1841 Snitterfield, Warwickshire.       She was actually baptised Snitterfield 13/10/1840, dau. of Richard and Martha.  She died Sept.1900 Warwick.

Where you get Brinkley and Gresley from I have no idea.

Annette
my great grandfather was George Herbert walker born 1886 in brinklow and died Mar 3, 1951 he's wife my great grandmother Ada Byfield born in Birmingham 1886 died in Brentford 7/4/1970.
George Herbert walker my great great grandmother was Emily amy stratfull born walker born in Brinkley in 1863 she was married to a William Harry stratfull in 1910 her mother was Mary Ann walker born gresley born Oct 13, 1840 she married James walker at Andrew Warwickshire Dec 16, 1861. James walker was born in brinklow in 1829 and I said married Mary Ann gresley and he died in Warwickshire hun 1877 he's mother was May Martha walker my 6 direct ancestor apparently her birth is meant to be 1878 September in Warwickshire and apparently she was baptism 1877 wappenbury Warwickshire I don't no if she got married or had any more kids but what I do is apparently her dad name was James walker born Mackenzie east Lothian Scotland nov 15, 1840 he married to a Mary Ann walker saint Mary Warwick Aug ,11 1861 and apparently died in 1877 in Warwickshire in hun apparently hes mum was Margaret walker born Greig born 1812 who was from Scotland and her death was in Scotland in 1904 and her husband name was James walker born in Scotland Dec 28, 1811 and died in Scotland nan 16, 1876.

But like I said I'm stuck on May Martha walker apparently born in 1878 as I don't no if she got married or if she had any more children before or after James walker

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 01:45 BST (UK) »
he was bc.1838/9 (not 1829) and his wife was not named Mary Ann Walker, she was Mary Ann Neal and born 1840 Snitterfield, not Gresley!

Annette...The way I read it...Gresley is the maiden name?

I've never understood these sites which give women their married name in a tree then add 'born xxx'

It's just more confusion on top of wrong info.

Annie

Add...Crossed post
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"