Author Topic: Contacting someone with same surname interests  (Read 10883 times)

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Contacting someone with same surname interests
« on: Saturday 06 July 19 09:25 BST (UK) »
I have contacted people with same surname interests in the past - having been a member of Roots-chat for some years  -  but today when I try, I cannot see how I can do that.   I have looked in Help and it says you have to use PM and have posted two messages - well I have posted two messages  over recent days, but posted dozens during the time I have been a member.  So why can I not send a private message  now to someone ?
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting someone with same surname interests
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 July 19 09:45 BST (UK) »
What happens if you open their profile and try to use Send PM from there?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 July 19 09:51 BST (UK) »
When in Surname Interests, click on the "face" icon next to the username.
That should bring up the user profile, and from there you can send a PM.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 July 19 10:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you both.   I had already done what KGarrad  advised but having done it again, realise I had not seen the tiny writing on the left giving the option to post message !   Now sorted.
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 July 19 10:16 BST (UK) »
Well I thought it was sorted  -  but having typed message and tried to send, a message in red tells me it failed as the person's inbox is full !

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 July 19 11:12 BST (UK) »
The 'full' message usually means that the person hasn't put enough qualifying posts on RootsChat yet.  Usually two or three are sufficient to open the PM system.

The site doesn't allow new users to send PMs immediately when they join, otherwise all the spammers would be at it!

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 July 19 11:54 BST (UK) »
Has the person you wish to message posted anything on any of the threads,maybe reply to one of those then that person will be notified that you wish to get in touch with them.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 July 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid some people join Rootschat, add some surnames and don't return, which may be the case here.

Can you see when the person joined rootschat, how many posts they have made, and when they were last online?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 July 19 14:45 BST (UK) »
which member are you trying to connect with ? If I know who I can check their details for you.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk