Author Topic: Oechsle (Exley) UK Connection  (Read 1437 times)

Offline CaptainAwesomepants

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seeking Oechsle, Exley (German)
    • View Profile
Re: Oechsle (Exley) UK Connection
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 07:50 BST (UK) »
You need an Ancestry international subscription and be able to read old German.
Let me know If you need any help.

Dave, you're some kind of superstar for that!

I did have an Ancestry subscription but it ran out, and even though we're in Australia I don't think it was the International subscription because I searched and searched and didn't find such detailed information as what you found.  That is awesome.

I would honestly hate to trouble you, but since you offered I will humbly ask if you can see what you can turn up for Johannes's parents, Matthaus (sp?) and either Maria or Catharina Magdalena.

I've been searching the records on Familysearch.org and even though I have "Maria Magdalena" as Matthaus's wife, there's no real record of that.  Instead there's:
* Catharina Magdalena Moechin
* Magdalena Moesch
* Catharina Magdalena Moesch

So I'm guessing my info is wrong.  The above records are all for baptisms too, for children:
* Tobias Oechslen
* Anna Magdalena
* Regina Euphrosyna
* Wolfgang Thomas
* Jacob Oechsslen

And my tree only has Anna, Wolfgang and Johannes (my 5xgreat grandfather) so I'm missing some children too.

I reckon if all this info is out there on Ancestry, I'll probably have to suck it up and get another subscription so I can fill it all in.  Your help until I do though is wonderful though and much appreciated!
Oechsle=>Exley (Wurtemburg, Germany), Lane (Baron of Hampton), Pickett (Western Australia), Alder (South Africa/Australia)

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Oechsle (Exley) UK Connection
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 08:35 BST (UK) »
Send me your e-mail address per PM