Author Topic: Help with this will please  (Read 332 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Help with this will please
« on: Monday 08 July 19 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hello All,
I haven't transcribed for a while and things are not coming back to me easily.  Can someone please tell me what the word beginning with 'A' is?

my Table Board my Cubbard, A?? my debts shalbe reserved as…..?

Standerd to my Howse for my sonne John. It[e]m my will is that my..

Many thanks,
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with this will please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 July 19 15:25 BST (UK) »
This/Thus my will is

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 July 19 15:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks Durham Girl, but it is the line above the John that comes before It[em] my will is...
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 July 19 15:55 BST (UK) »
Steaming iron ha i have no idea

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 July 19 16:12 BST (UK) »
There you go! Thanks for trying.

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 July 19 16:50 BST (UK) »
It's a tricky one.

I don't think it is:  my debts

The word before ends with __ing (almost certainly with __aming) and the d word is most likely to be dever.

Compare the r and v in reserved.

The A may be the indefinite article or it may be part of the word.

The answer should lie in the superscript character, but the penny is yet to drop for me, I'm afraid.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 July 19 17:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your input. We also think that this is correct -
The word before ends with __ing (almost certainly with __aming) and the d word is most likely to be dever.

That 'p' floating above may well as you say solve the mystery.  Time to move on maybe and struggle with the rest and it may then become clearer!

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 July 19 22:21 BST (UK) »
Would it help to put it in context if you were to post the remainder of the line? - there would seem to be one (or more) words cut off on this snippet.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 06:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for suggestion here is more of the will so the sentence is shown and will hopefully make more sense. Many thanks