Author Topic: Looking for Hugh Charles McLean siblings  (Read 133 times)

Offline maribec

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Hugh Charles McLean siblings
« on: Tuesday 09 July 19 06:39 BST (UK) »
Looking for Hugh Charles McLean b. Oct 31, 1832, North Uist, Scotland.   He married Rachael Brown at Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia.    I have all the census records regarding his family after he marries. I am looking for HIS siblings, and parents. Many family trees say his father was Donald McLean, unknown mother.  In the census records he does not use the middle name of Charles- just Hugh McLean.  Two siblings may have been Mary Ann, Sarah (Marion.).Any help with this family appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Craclyn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Hugh Charles McLean siblings
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 09:49 BST (UK) »
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Bainbridge, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Coxon, Davis, Dow, Farside, Garden, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Johnson, Laidler, Mason, Miller, Milne, Moreis, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Young

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline maribec

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 20:10 BST (UK) »
Yes- looked at the Scottish site, but need the sibling info when the family came to Canada. I cant find any birth record for the year 1832 either.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 20:22 BST (UK) »

Have you seen the tree on ancestry ?

Donald McLean 18061866
birth 1806 - North Uist, Scotland died 9 7 1866 - Sydney Mines, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

and Catherine.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline maribec

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 20:35 BST (UK) »
Yes- have done extensive research on Ancestry. There are 2 families with similar names that are constantly being mixed up. I have a letter written by my gggrandmother to Hugh McLean saying he is the brother of her aunt MaryAnn McLean, and that they need to settle MaryAnns estate since she has died . Hugh and Rachael were living in Sydney Mines, NS. Another of his sisters was Sarah ( Marion) McLean who married Alexander McDonald.This family lived near Balls Bridge/Creek, NS.