Author Topic: Headstone Request Carlisle Cemetery  (Read 1468 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Headstone Request Carlisle Cemetery
« on: Tuesday 09 July 19 08:53 BST (UK) »
Would appreciate photographs of two graves in Carlisle Cemetery.

I cannot confirm that headstones exist however I would expect that they do.

Isabella Bell - died 23 Nov 1901 - Ward 3 Row U No 283.

Isabella Bell - died 3 Aug 1908 - Ward 14 Row M No 90.

Any assistance gratefully received.
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Headstone Request Carlisle Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 09:51 BST (UK) »
Try these site:

https://www.gravestonephotos.com/
https://www.findagrave.com/

If the memorial isn't on there, I believe that you yourself can add them and then request a photo

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 14:59 BST (UK) »
As you have the full references for the graves why not ask the cemetery if they have headstones.  Do you have a map of the cemetery showing their location
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 10:08 BST (UK) »
I can check for you in the next couple of weeks.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 19:10 BST (UK) »
I can check for you in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Gan Yam. The last time you came up trumps with my GGgrandfathers grave in Carlisle . Much appreciated.

deebel ( who is gan yam for is denner )
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline lanercost

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 July 19 07:56 BST (UK) »
I've contacted Carlisle Council for burial plot info in the past and without asking for photos they sent me one each of the only two that did have headstones. The photos had already been taken.

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 July 19 15:18 BST (UK) »
Have checked for gravestones:

Isabella Bell - died 23 Nov 1901 - Ward 3 Row U No 283.
This grave is located in one of the older parts of the cemetery and has been left to nature. Section U appears to be for babies and young children and there are very few gravestones. There was no gravestone for Isabella. From the burial entry Isabella was 6moths old, which explains the plot site, and lived at Irvings Place, Rickergate. Several other babies were buried on the same day in the plots next to Isabella and strangely one was for a still birth of "Isabella Bell's child" of 47 Broad Street, Carlisle! (probably no relation - just a coincidence)

Isabella Bell - died 3 Aug 1908 - Ward 14 Row M No 90.
This grave is also located in an older part of the cemetery and again has been left to nature and has very few gravestones.  There was no gravestone for this Isabella..  The burial record shows her as 36years old and living at Trinity Buildings.

(for info -There was a gravestone in Ward 3 for an Isabella Bell of Brunswick St, who died December 1917 aged 80.
There was a gravestone in Ward 14 for what looks like a William Bell died Oct?, his wife unreadable and a daughter whose name begins with M, the gravestone was very badly worn, but the address on it may have been 4? ? ? ? Street, just thinking about the still birth above - probably not your Bell's though as it is a fairly common surname just thought I would mention them incase)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 July 19 20:16 BST (UK) »
Once again thanks Gan Yam.

Isabella - Died 3 Aug 1908 is my great grandmother. My greatgrandfather William Joseph Bell outlived his various spouses/partners and is buried in st Leonards warwick on eden however still cannot find his plot. The churchwarden is on the case.

Thanks for that useful batch of info

deebel