Author Topic: Time Capsule feature on 2021 Census  (Read 188 times)

Online Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Time Capsule feature on 2021 Census
« on: Wednesday 10 July 19 12:59 BST (UK) »
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0710/1061251-census/

Sealed for 100 years, what will we go for, mini family tree or a message to your descendants?
You can't fish on a empty stomach so give the man one or two records so he knows how good it tastes.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Time Capsule feature on 2021 Census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 13:02 BST (UK) »
Unpaid Bills!   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 July 19 02:56 BST (UK) »
Isn't it like burying a message in the woodpile for a bonfire?  Or on an artillery range.  Well, based on past experience, maybe.  ;D

"For the government: I know you are reading this early.  Shame!"

But seriously I think that would be my message - some joke.  To show I had a sense of humor, not how many TVs, bathrooms, or windows I had.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A C age about 8! Whats next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 July 19 04:33 BST (UK) »
At least it seems that your census will be  on paper. Here in Australia, the "authorities" are not keen on people using paper census's. The last one I filled out was online. That was partly due to being away when the paper census requests had to be sent in. :-X :-X