Author Topic: confirmation required - please  (Read 115 times)

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
confirmation required - please
« on: Thursday 11 July 19 07:03 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
Frances Dei - born 11th July , 1827 , Bryants Cove , Harbour Grace , Newfoundland - parents - John Dei and Margaret - on familysearch.org
I can't find Margarets maiden name - in my friends  research he thinks Frances comes to Liverpool England
can anyone please try and confirm please - or have we got it wrong ?
added - FRANCISCA DEI marries in Liverpool 1839....which would make her only 12 - so I think my friend has it wrong - looks like 2 different people
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: confirmation required - please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 July 19 15:59 BST (UK) »
Frances was born in 1827, but her baptism in Newfoundland wasn't until 1840, so the Liverpool marriage wouldn't be her.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9398-279L-NY?i=53&cc=1793777

http://ngb.chebucto.org/Vstats/pre-1891-hbr-grace-ang-bap-1840-1845-p-51-75-hg.shtml

Added: The Frances in Newfoundland was not Catholic; the Liverpool marriage was.  I can't make out the name of the parent listed of the Liverpool girl, but it isn't John or Margaret (it looks like Amaria?), and she is listed as being full age.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.