Author Topic: ANSELL - Louisa and her son William - Death Lookup  (Read 4603 times)

Offline swa

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • My Mum: Heather Frances LAWLER
    • View Profile
ANSELL - Louisa and her son William - Death Lookup
« on: Wednesday 17 August 05 05:04 BST (UK) »
Louisa SAMPFORD was the first wife of my great great grandfather, Samuel ANSELL.

Louisa and Samuel were married in 1845 in Ware, Hertfordshire.

Their first child was John Francis ANSELL (born 1847 in Derby, Derbyshire).

Their second child was William ANSELL (born 1849 in Derby, Derbyshire).

As far as I can establish, by the 1851 census there is no record of either Louisa or her son William - In fact, it appears that Louisa's eldest son, John Francis ANSELL was living with her sister's family in Ware, Hertfordshire (Thomas and Hanna GREEN, along with Louisa's mother, Mary SAMPFORD).

Samuel ANSELL remarried in 1854 (Agnes Armitage WILKINSON in Derby, Derbyshire), so I am assuming that his first wife, Louisa died some time between the birth of her second son, William and the 1851 census...

Any ideas on how to establish the date and place of death of Louisa & William ANSELL?

Perhaps she died while/or as a result of giving birth to William?

Kind regards,
Sarah WALKER (m.s. HALL)
Australia
AIRDRIE, ANDERSON, ANSELL, BAUCHOP, BOORN, BOYLE, BURNET, DALE, DONALDSON, DOWNS, GILLESPIE, GRAHAM, GRAY, HADDOW, HALL, HAYES, HAYNES, HOUDALAKIS, JEFFREY, KIZER, LAWLER, MANTACH, MCALEAR, MCCABE, MCDONALD, MCNAY, MEIKLE, MILLAR, MILNE, MYCOCK, O’DONNELL, PREMO, QUINN,  RAINEY, RILEY, ROBB, RUSSELL, SIMS, SMELLIE, STEVENSON, SUNDERLAND, WALKER, WISEMAN and YOUNG