Author Topic: Marriage Thomas Heacock and Anne Thomas 1714 Handsworth  (Read 344 times)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Thomas Heacock and Anne Thomas 1714 Handsworth
« on: Thursday 11 July 19 20:43 BST (UK) »
As the title says Thomas Heacock married Anne Thomas 30 December 1714 in Handsworth. They married by Licenec and according to the details given in the Licence Thomas was aged 30, residence given as Sturbridge (Stourbridge perhaps?) and Anne was 22 and her residence was Birmingham.

Loking for a baptism for Thomas c 1684 and for Anne c1692.

Be very grateful if anyone can help as I cannot find a thing.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Thomas Heacock and Anne Thomas 1714 Handsworth
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 July 19 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hello
Nice to see you found their marriage.I did spot your burial inquiry under Worcestershire.
The nearest baptism I can see is
Thomas Haycock 18 Feb 1683 at Sedgley to John and Ann Haycock.
John married Ann Turner at Sedgley 21 May 1682.

Looks like John Haycock was buried 22.11.1696

There is a Will for Thomas Heycock of Stourbridge 22 Feb 1750 at Worcester Archives
And for his wife Ann Haycock of Oldswinford  29 Sep 1755

Probably a red herring but there is a Thomas Heacok apprenticed at Birmingham in 1715 to William Bench whitesmith. His dad is a James Heacock gardener.

Also at Handsworth 13 Jan 1705 is an Eliz Thomas age 36 marrying a John Hassel age 40 by licence.
John Thomas 21 married Anne Careless 24 married 30 Sep 1703.
The latter leaves a Will naming his brother Richard ,sister in law Mary Ashfield ,son John and grandson George Thomas.

It is possible Richard Thomas was bapt at Belbroughton 12 May 1690 to William Thomas
There is a sister Ann bapt at Oldswinford 6 Oct 1685 but that is 7 years older than what we were hoping for.

Ciderdrinker

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Thomas Heacock and Anne Thomas 1714 Handsworth
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 July 19 12:16 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for all that information. I'll have a dig around and see what else i can find. The Sedgley baptism looks reasonable as Sedgley is only a few miles from Stourbridge.

Thanks again,

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more