Author Topic: Joseph Walter Slade Died 05 Mar 1923 in Sheffield, Iowa, USA  (Read 386 times)

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Joseph Walter Slade Died 05 Mar 1923 in Sheffield, Iowa, USA
« on: Monday 15 July 19 22:06 BST (UK) »
This is a BIG ask. Does any descendant of Joseph Walter Slade have a photograph of him that they could share with me please?

Joseph Walter Slade born 21st May 1841 in the village of Soberton, Hampshire, ENGLAND was my Great Grandfather Alfred Slade's brother who was Baptised 17th Jul 1836 in Sobeton Hampshire, England and he and his wife and family remained in England.

I do know that Joseph Walter Slade had a big family and there are loads of descendants out there in the USA.
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Walter Slade Died 05 Mar 1923 in Sheffield, Iowa, USA
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 July 19 00:00 BST (UK) »
In 2007 on this thread,
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/boards/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=430&p=surnames.slade

the person who started the thread said, farther down the page, that she had some photos of the family.

[edited and deleted some specifics here]

----
Some county histories have biographies with photographs of the men included. I found a few for Franklin County, but none with photos. Here is a link to the one with the most information about Joseph W Slade, in case you haven't found it yet.

http://iagenweb.org/franklin/1883Biographies/1883S_Bios.htm

----
I didn't find a passport application for him. The 20th century ones, at least, sometimes have photos.

----
He and the family are in an awful lot of trees on ancestry, but no photo of him. One of his daughter Mary Ethel has made the rounds, but not her father.

Edit to add:

Oops. :) that's you! as an afterthought I said to myself 'maybe she is on rootschat.'
[reedited and deleted the link to a rootschat thread and some specifics here. They were unrelated to  the Slade surname]

Oh well, I'll leave the [rest of the] information for the next person. I hope you find a photo. I have a few of my great-grandparents and of some of their siblings, and one from the generation before that, so it is stretching it a bit, but there might be one out there.

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Walter Slade Died 05 Mar 1923 in Sheffield, Iowa, USA
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 July 19 12:52 BST (UK) »
Since the 2007 thread my family tree is now 'private'.  Too many people taking my family photos without asking. 

Yes there are loads of trees with Joseph Walter Slade, some with wrong info too.

Some people are not so keen to pass on to me their info on their connection to the Slade family either.

BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset