Author Topic: anyone good at Reading Wills??  (Read 930 times)

Offline neil16377

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
anyone good at Reading Wills??
« on: Sunday 28 July 19 16:14 BST (UK) »
hi, i would like to find out what john hughes left his wife, but im struggling to read it...it states something about LLoyd family?  anyone help?

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: anyone good at Reading Wills??
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 July 19 17:18 BST (UK) »
... Lastly I give Devise and bequeath unto my beloved wife ^Anne Owen^ all

those Messuages or ^Dwelling^ Houses situated lying and being in the Town of Llanerchymedd which I hold

by Virtue of a Lease of Lives under the Family of Llwydiarth in this County  Nevertheless

Under this Proviso and Condition that in case she my said wife Anne Owen

Do Intermarry then and in that case I give Devise and bequeath the said Messuages or Dwelling

^houses^ with all the appurtenances thereto belonging unto my Eldest Son John Jones to have and hold

the same for and during the remainder or term of the said Lease  And as to the Rest and Residue

of all and Singular my Goods Chattels and Credits, after paying my Just Debts and funeral expences*

unto my ^said^ beloved Wife and every part thereof Nevertheless subject to Condition or Proviso hereaf-

ter mentioned, that in Case she the said Anne Owen Do Intermarry then and in that Case

I ordain as followeth, I give and bequeath out of the said Residue or Remainder the

Sum of Six Pounds to be equally divided between my two Youngest Sons Thomas Jones &

C[...?] Jones  An I do hereby Nominate and appoint my said Wife Anne Owen Sole

Executrix of this my last Will and Testatament revoking and Disannulling all former

Will or Wills by me Made or Executed  In Witness hereof I set my hand and seal the ...

=====

* something unclear is written above expences?

(If the testator is John Hughes, as you say, it seems strange that his wife is named Anne Owen and his sons have the surname Jones. How does that work?)

Offline neil16377

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: anyone good at Reading Wills??
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 July 19 19:48 BST (UK) »
thank you so very much