Author Topic: Edward Lovell  (Read 3258 times)

Offline bumblebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Lovell
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 19:08 BST (UK) »
19 Jan 1667 St Bartholomew the Less - John Lovell married Alice Southin
When did this John die and does it give any indication of his age at death or have you just gone back 25 years to establish a birth date.
I don't know when he died, his birth is established and I have little more sense than just picking 25 as a means of establishing his birth
Lovell, Emerson, Biggs, Collett, Gullifer/Gulefer, Naylor/nayler, Heath, Bentote

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 08:34 BST (UK) »
19 Jan 1667 St Bartholomew the Less - John Lovell married Alice Southin
When did this John die and does it give any indication of his age at death or have you just gone back 25 years to establish a birth date.
I don't know when he died, his birth is established and I have little more sense than just picking 25 as a means of establishing his birth

Sorry but I did not mean to imply that you had little sense.  People often use 25 years as a probable time span between a birth and a marriage.   The birth that you are quoting for this John in 1642 cannot be your John as he died in infancy.  I was hoping that perhaps you had a burial for your John that might give an age at death

Yes, a John Lovell was bp.8/5/1642 St. Andrew, Holborn, son of Edward (Buttermaker) and Margaret.   However, this John Lovell died and was buried the following year!!

John Lovell bur.23/6/1643 St. Andrew, Holborn, son of Edward Lovell, Buttermaker.

So, whoever the John Lovell who married Alice Southin 19/1/1667 St. Bartholomew the Less, London was, he definitely wasn't the one bp.8/5/1642 to Edward and Margaret as that one died as an infant.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bumblebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 11:19 BST (UK) »
I think I have to accept the premise that I have the wrong John Lovell, although the one that married Alice Southin is the right one. Now my 86 yard are beginning to show because now i don't know where to look next. My thanks to all of you for your help and guidance

regards
Lovell, Emerson, Biggs, Collett, Gullifer/Gulefer, Naylor/nayler, Heath, Bentote

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 15:18 BST (UK) »
Where were the children of John Lovell and Alice Southin baptised

Offline bumblebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 August 19 08:50 BST (UK) »
Where were the children of John Lovell and Alice Southin baptised
They were all baptised at St Sepulchre, Holborn

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 22 August 19 15:20 BST (UK) »
I can't see anything that early on the national archives website for Lovell's in Holborn, a will could have helped.  The trouble is John Lovell could have been born anywhere and we can only speculate as to his year of birth.  Sorry I cannot help you with this.

Rosie

Offline bumblebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 August 19 09:52 BST (UK) »
I  can't see anything that early on the national archives website for Lovell's in Holborn, a will could have helped.  The trouble is John Lovell could have been born anywhere and we can only speculate as to his year of birth.  Sorry I cannot help you with this.

Rosie
moved
Thank you. I checked and found that John and Alice married at St Bartholemew the Less so maybe they moved.

Norman

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 August 19 10:57 BST (UK) »
Maybe St Bartholomews was where Alice was living.