Author Topic: Myheritage and Family Tree Builder problems  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Myheritage and Family Tree Builder problems
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ray, but no.

Gadget, the file you sent me didn't upload at all.  I think it must be because my test was a 'pro bono' one and there must be something different about my account.  I will try and find another way to contact them.  I'm surprised nobody from MyHeritage is monitoring this thread.

I've tested emails to the address I use for MyH and they come through OK.

PS Update, I have attached my GEDCOM to a new support call via email.

Martin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 22:50 BST (UK) »
Still not had an e-mail from them.  They said they'd let me know when it was fully processed. Strange that you had problems as I uploaded the same file as the one I sent you.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 22:55 BST (UK) »
Gadget,
I realise I wasn't clear.  Your file uploaded OK, but wasn't processed.  I will update you here when I hear from MyH.  Thanks for your help again so far. 

That file was an extract, with all living people removed.  I will try the whole file briefly tomorrow.  My file came from GRAMPS v5 and nobody has had similar problems.

Martin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 22:56 BST (UK) »
Martin

I've just uploaded a tree belonging to another person who I manage and it uploaded and was processed more or less immediately.  There must be something strange going on or yours is very big!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 23:13 BST (UK) »
Another thought  - I'm sure that there is a limit to the size of the tree with a basic sub. Margaret mentioned it on one of the threads. Is yours a large tree?

The maximum number of people on the basic (free) package is 250 - although I keep getting warnings at 199. How many people are in the tree you are trying to upload ?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 23:18 BST (UK) »
I have the complete package and it won't upload to my site, after converting to a gedcom in FH. It was originally about 1000 but I reduced it by half.

Added - I've just made a small gedcom  (15 cases) from Martin's file and it still isn't being processed although it uploads!

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 23:37 BST (UK) »
If there is a problem with the size of my file (or even a syntax error etc), the site should return an error, not just dump it. There are probably more than 250.  I'll report what MyH tell me.

Martin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 23:49 BST (UK) »
I think it's something to do with your file.  I have unlimited tree size for my account and it still wont take it. Family Historian will read it and even create a gedcom ( extracted 15 records) but Family Tree builder obviously doesn't like it.

It has a hyphen to cope with wrap around but I thought I'd solved that.  I then tried other ways but MH still doesn't like your tree.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 22 August 19 00:16 BST (UK) »
success!

I excluded notes and sources in addition to selecting the wrap around hyphen format and it worked.

But, as Falkyrn has said, you also need to reduce the size to 250 cases in a free package. I think yours is 1001, as in dalmations!! 1011

Gadget