Author Topic: Myheritage and Family Tree Builder problems  (Read 7040 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Myheritage and Family Tree Builder problems
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 August 19 11:12 BST (UK) »
The only thing that I can think of is for you to send me the gedcom and I could see if it loads to my Family Historian and then I can create a gedcom from there and  then send it back.

A bit long winded but possible.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 August 19 11:21 BST (UK) »
Another thought  - I'm sure that there is a limit to the size of the tree with a basic sub. Margaret mentioned it on one of the threads. Is yours a large tree?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 August 19 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hee we are:

'Premium' refers to subscription package, which will enable you to attach a large family tree to your results, access their record sets, etc.

https://faq.myheritage.com/en/article/what-do-i-get-with-a-myheritage-premium-subscription

However, I have a large tree there uploaded by gedcom, which exceeds their limits. It has sat there for nearly two years now with the occasional reminder to upgrade.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 August 19 21:08 BST (UK) »

I'm also willing to upload/import your gedcom to 1 or 2 other ( private ) destinations ( just to check ).       

I cannot see any immediate obvious problems, however ( as you know from your past employ ) the problem maybe with the spec/develop/test of the target.         

I'm also quite willing to check your file itemised against the Gedcom v5.5.1 spec.     

Ball, as they say, in your court.     

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 August 19 22:37 BST (UK) »
Ray, Gadget, I am puzzled that MyHeritage accept my file, but I get no response at all. I will monitor this for a couple of days and report back.   I also am puzzled why I can't find the upload option in the app.

Martin

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 16:03 BST (UK) »
I tried again today.  I see the message

"Your GEDCOM file was successfully uploaded and is currently being processed.
You will receive an email to xxxxx@yyyyy once processing is complete."

I can see a list of my attempts in the Recent Activity section, but I never get the email and I can't see anyone on the tree.  I have taken up Gadget's offer and sent him/her my GEDCOM.

I called their support, but because my test was a 'pro bono' one, they don't class me as a paying customer.  I've had no trouble uploading the same GEDCOM file elsewhere.

Martin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 16:51 BST (UK) »
It read fine in Family Historian so I've generated a new gedcom file and sent it back. It told me that it had corrected 2 errors. I'll be interested to see if it works when you upload.

Gadget (a she   ;D  )

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 20:50 BST (UK) »
As mentioned previously, I am more than willing to help and am not stalking you.      :)     

I have a theory, however I would need a copy of the file you have posted and has not been loaded.

Regards

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 21:07 BST (UK) »
Martin - I've just uploaded the gedcom that I recreated from the one you sent to my site. It uploaded successfully and is being processed, so we'll see what happens.

I will, of course delete it.

Gadget