Author Topic: Albert Edward and Agnes Jane Palmer Death Leatherhead 1965  (Read 1088 times)

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Edward and Agnes Jane Palmer Death Leatherhead 1965
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 August 19 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Milliepede - I see we think exactly the same thing! I was just going to post that I think that Mary Jane could be the mother! I have already sent off for Mary Jane's death cert, which I hope might give me some more information. Great minds think alike, as they say  ;D ;D I should get the certificate some time next week and I'll post on here what it says. Tilly x
Lancaster- L. Buzzard  Johnson - Northampts
Lancaster, Perryer-Fulham
Clifford - London, ssx, S Africa, Berks, Wilts  
Divall-Ssx  Randall-Ssx, Surrey 
Rossi-Sienna Notts Leics London   
Brimfield    Seton 
Rix - Norfolk   Burke - Co Clare

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 August 19 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Jebber, for the suggestions. I wondered whether they could be buried in the Merton and Sutton Cemetery in Morden.... my Dad died in Epsom hospital in 1983 and that is where he is buried. A lot of the Lancasters (Agnes' maiden name) were non-conformists, Quaker, Methodist, so I shall have a hunt there too. Albert and Agnes are not on Find a Grave unfortunately. Thank you again. Tilly
Brimfield    Seton 

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 14:51 BST (UK) »
I am back from holiday - and have two certificates! One for Agnes Jane's birth and one for Mary Jane's death.  As I suspected - and Milliepede too - Agnes was indeed the illegitimate daughter of Mary Jane! Agnes was born 21st September 1877 in Lamsey, Leighton Buzzard. No father's name and it is her mother Mary who was the informant of birth, which was registered on the 1st November. At the moment, I cannot find anything about Lamsey, but will have a proper look when I've finished unpacking :(  Mary Jane died on the 10th July 1879 of "Tubercular Disease of Lungs Eight Months". Her mother was present at the death, again in Lamsey. Mary was just 19 :'(  I wonder who the father was....  >:(  Sad, but it seems that Agnes was taken in by her grandparents and cared for by them. I am now going to order the death certificates for Albert and Agnes, as I really want to know what they died of! Tilly x
Brimfield    Seton 

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 10:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the update Tilly and the confirmation Mary Jane was the mother, how sad she died so young  :(  but at least the baby was cared for by close family  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos