Author Topic: Duncum  (Read 518 times)

Offline geordiemac48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duncum
« on: Thursday 08 August 19 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hello, doing research on my Wife's maternal family, her maternal Grandmother has the maiden name of Duncum. When I started  a few years back, had very little information on that name, now gathered some more family members so am interested to know if there are other Duncum descendants here. All family were in and around London - Shoreditch/Mile End old town/Bethnal Green/Stoke Newington and Islington - where my wife's Mother was born to A. Duncum who married a W Smith. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks
Houston, McGill, Laurie/Lawrie, Cunningham Stirlingshire & Lanarkshire. McRae Perthshire,  Glen, Dewer, Meldrum, Irons, Crambie/Crombie & Ness from Fife, Walls/Wells , McMurdo originally Ireland and Dumfries.

Offline geordiemac48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Duncum
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 August 19 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hello, doing research on my Wife's maternal family, her maternal Grandmother has the maiden name of Duncum. When I started  a few years back, had very little information on that name, now gathered some more family members so am interested to know if there are other Duncum descendants here. All family were in and around London - Shoreditch/Mile End old town/Bethnal Green/Stoke Newington and Islington - where my wife's Mother was born to A. Duncum who married a W Smith. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks
Houston, McGill, Laurie/Lawrie, Cunningham Stirlingshire & Lanarkshire. McRae Perthshire,  Glen, Dewer, Meldrum, Irons, Crambie/Crombie & Ness from Fife, Walls/Wells , McMurdo originally Ireland and Dumfries.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duncum
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 August 19 21:39 BST (UK) »
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 August 19 22:55 BST (UK) »
I am interested in Gladys Elizabeth Duncum, born 1880 in Weybridge, as she married a distant cousin of mine, Walter Gerald Loughborough.

Martin

Offline geordiemac48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 August 19 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Martin, no Gladys Elizabeth so far on my Wife's tree. However I find a Gladys Elizabeth Duncum shown as born 3rd quarter 1879 at Chertsey to William James Duncum - 1848 to 1927 and Alice M Cundy - 1849 to 1886. Then on 1891 census living with widowed father and siblings at 30 the Heath, Weybridge, and she is noted in 1901 census, which alas I cannot read. A marriage entry for Gladys to a Walter Gerald Loughborough on 3rd July at Emmanuel, Hampstead, when she was 27 and he 26. In April 1907 a son is born, Richard Walter Loughborough, appears to have been the only child, but also to have died late 1917, when the family was living at Lee on Solent - Walter is registered on marriage and census records as a Medical Practitioner, and he died 1957 in hospital, Portsmouth, though family address was Clanconel, Lee on Solent, with Gladys preceding him  in 1946, at the family address. There is an Ancestry record for Gladys with her birth of around 1880 in Weybridge but that is from the 1881 census, however through various searches I cannot find any record of that year and place, only the official one for 1879, however someone my either confirm my date or correct me. Hoping you find this useful, regards.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 August 19 18:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you. That all sounds correct, but I can't check at the moment. I will probably be in touch by personal message in due course. Thank you

Martin