Author Topic: George Smith b about 1915  (Read 351 times)

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
George Smith b about 1915
« on: Friday 09 August 19 12:40 BST (UK) »
Looking now for any info or connections with the following,  George Smith b 1915approx m Matilda I Loveridge nee Baker,   George Smith was a Scrap Iron and Metal Dealer,  his father was William Smith deceased on marriage cert in 1948 he was a General Dealer,  George was living at 79 Alpha Street, Slough at time of Marriage.   If anyone can help with any further info it would be greatly appreciated. I know all about Bakers but struggling with these Smiths,  smiths are the Bain of my life lol. George was a Traveller.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Smith b about 1915
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 August 19 15:29 BST (UK) »
Have you located George and his parents on the 1939 register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: George Smith b about 1915
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 August 19 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,  I think I located him with a family of Loveridge in 1939 in Buckinghamshire,  it would tie in as he married a Loveridge so could be same family.  On the Marriage Cert to Matilda Irene Loveridge nee Baker in Eton, Buckinghamshire 1948 he was living at 79 Alpha Street, Slough,  I contacted the local Archives and they checked the Electoral role,  he was there in 1948 with William and Ellen Fry,  was not there in 1947.  I am trying to work back on a DNA Match to find the Smith Connection.