Author Topic: Chirk green mining families  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Claire Hunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Chirk green mining families
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 August 19 18:21 BST (UK) »
I remember Etta (Henrietta) the daughter of Henry Barton and Mary Louisa. She married a ?Jones and they lived in the large house opposite the Co-op in Chirk Green. 

(All this from memory as my family files are on another machine!)
I will have to look at the family tree and look for her . thanks so much for the photos too. I don't have many of great grandad Barton but I do have one here . it's with his wife Florence nee Woolley .

Thanks for the warm welcome. look forward to being able to share what I know with you. And re the enigma of John...I have exactly the same on another side of the tree and he's a John too.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 August 19 18:41 BST (UK) »
Another thing that I remember - All the females died of cancer of the uterus.
Elizabeth Stokes in 1930, Mary Louisa in 1917, Eva, 2nd daughter in 1938, and Laura, youngest in 1961.
I have a copy of Henry (b. 1856)'s diary for 1900. A cousin,  descendant of Eva, who lives in Eire, copied it for me.

PS - have you had your DNA analysed?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Claire Hunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 August 19 20:22 BST (UK) »
Nope to the DNA . Have debated about it numerous times but always decided to use the money for something else.
And that's interesting . There is a family study on another medical condition too which I will tell u about.But I'd need to get a certificate out to get the term correct .

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 August 19 20:31 BST (UK) »
Will get all the info together over the weekend and send it to you.  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Claire Hunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 August 19 20:43 BST (UK) »
Will get all the info together over the weekend and send it to you.  :)

Thanks so much. I have just sent that photo over let me know if it doesn't come through ok.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 August 19 21:05 BST (UK) »
It came through. Thank you  :)

The Roberts/Stokes features seem to  travel well - your grt granddad looks so much like my Dad and other family  :D

Offline Slashdog2008

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 25 July 20 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all....

Harry Barton was my great grandfather. Dad  to Etta Barton. I’m new to this research and would love some guidance...I’m absolutely delighted to put faces to pictures of family I have found. Which one in the family picture is Mary Louisa please.

Offline gstanway

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 June 23 21:45 BST (UK) »
Ihave two branches of my family from Chirk Green. My Grandfather William Kingston and my Grandmother Elizabeth Negus. They were neighbours in Chirk Green before marriage. Not sure when they moved away to Middleton Terrace across the river by the Trap. My Grandmothers sister Ellen married Billy Meredith the soccer player, and they all moved to Manchester. My Grandmothers brother, Bill Negus, was apparently well noted in The Boer War. I remember visiting him when I was little, in the cottages across from the church In Chirk. Anyone out there have any info on my family. My Grandmothers sister, Aunty Tan, to us, Not sure if she was my Grandmothers sister of Grandfathers sister. She lived with her daughter Phyllis Roberts, husband Jack and boys Harold (Rabbit) Cyril and Anita in Rhos Y Waun