Author Topic: Holy Trinity RC Church Newark  (Read 672 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Holy Trinity RC Church Newark
« on: Sunday 18 August 19 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I’ve read transcripts on both FindMyPast and FreeREG, but cannot access any images. I’m keen to see who the ‘sponsors’ (i.e. godparents) were to two siblings of my ancestor.

Katrina Müller, christened there in 1850
Henry Müller, christened there in 1854

If anyone can locate the images and just spell out what they contain beyond what transcripts say, that would be great!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity RC Church Newark
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 August 19 11:08 BST (UK) »
As you have all the details of the baptisms, eg names, dates, parents, church, have you thought of contacting the Record Office and asking if they can supply you with the details. There are some Record Offices who will do a free look up if you can supply them with all the pertinent details.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 August 19 11:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I’ll look around now.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 August 19 14:43 BST (UK) »
Baptisms Holy Trinity Newark
9 Jan 1851 Katrina dau of Heinrich Muller & Elizabeth Wright  -  no further details on NFHS

1 April 1854 Henry son of H Muller & Eliza Wright. born 26 March 1854

The old Holy Trinity was demolished about 40 years ago and a new modern church built about 1969.

https://www.francisfrith.com/newark-on-trent/newark-on-trent-roman-catholic-church-interior-1908_59947
https://www.francisfrith.com/uk/newark-on-trent/newark-on-trent-roman-catholic-church-1908_59945
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 August 19 14:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all of that! I got in contact with the church, and they’ve since passed me on to a records office :)