Author Topic: No notifications  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
No notifications
« on: Thursday 22 August 19 10:07 BST (UK) »
Suddenly I am no longer getting the usual notifications of new posts on various topics I'm interested in.

I have checked my profile settings, and they are set to receive notifications and moderation.

I have checked various individual threads, and they all have an 'unnotify' button so are obviously set to 'notify'.

I have checked my spam bin and there are no notifications in it.

What has gone wrong? Have I missed something?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: No notifications
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 August 19 10:12 BST (UK) »
You will hopefully receive an email notification for this reply.

I'll send you a PM now.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: No notifications
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 August 19 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Trystan.

One notification and one PM retrieved from my spam folder just now. I have marked them as 'not spam' and will eagerly await the arrival of the next notification.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.