Author Topic: Agnes Bauld help needed  (Read 2339 times)

Offline springdaleia

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Agnes Bauld help needed
« on: Thursday 18 August 05 04:46 BST (UK) »
Agnes Bauld married John Gillies (of Auchincloch) on 13 November 1806 in Kilsyth, Scotland.  Is there anyone out there who can view their marriage document and see if it lists the parents of Agnes Bauld?  I know who John Gillies' parents were, and I know who the children of John and Agnes were.  I cannot find out ANY other information about Agnes Bauld.  If you have information on her.....please contact me at  *   Thanks lots!  Thelma

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Bauld help needed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 05 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Thelma,

I'm afraid the best you can hope for is an 'Announcement of Banns' taken from the Old Parish Registers for Kilsyth, Marriage Certificates didn't exist back then.  I presume Agnes would have lived in the Parish where their marriage took place.

I had a look at the British Vital Records but there were no listings at all for an Agnes Bauld,  born c1786 +/- 5 years in or around Kilsyth, but that could just mean her parents didn't register her birth.

I found 8 children born to Agnes and John between 1807 -1824, all in Kilsyth, if you want a list of them, just let me know.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Anne.

P.S. I have a cousin who lives in Auchincloch Mill!

P.P.S. You're personal e-mail will probably be deleted by the board moderator

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Bauld help needed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 August 05 17:10 BST (UK) »
There is a listing of a headstone in Kilsyth Old Churchyard. (This is from the pre-1855 MI's for West Stirlingshire by Mitchell & Mitchell)

I don't know whether the stone is still there, intact  or legible. (The Churchyard was surveyed in May 1969).

The listing is as follows:

1822   JG   AB;
John Gillies 14.5.1912 age 87, wife Ann Wallace, son James 16.6.1892 age 42;
Minnie Cross 1.5.1903 age 81; Agnes G. 15.11.1935 age 82

The "JG & AB" could be John Gillies and Agnes Bauld?

1822 - Could they have purchased the lair at this date - possibly one of their children died?

Could John Gillies who died in 1912 be the son of John and Agnes?

This might be a wild goose chase but . . . . . you never know!

Anne