Author Topic: McDonald family who stayed in Millburn near Tomintoul.  (Read 503 times)

Offline Lonscot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McDonald family who stayed in Millburn near Tomintoul.
« on: Sunday 01 September 19 09:47 BST (UK) »
I'm another going slightly off beat on this one as I'm looking into the McDonald family who stayed in Millburn near Tomintoul. I can trace their history back to John McDonald who was born in Kirkmichael (around 1767 - date not exact) and died somewhere between 1851-1854. He was married to an Isobel Grant in 1803 and had a son Robert McDonald born 28 February 1804 in Kirkmichael.
There was a Mary Ann McDonald who died in Inverness in 1982, Daughter of John McDonald and Margaret Jane Grant. Mary Ann married a Cruickshank in December 1940. I'm trying to find out if any of Mary Ann's line in the McDonalds is still around as she and George didn't appear to have children and her son John died in 1994. As far as I can tell she had 3 brothers, William died 1905, Alexander died 1997 and there was also a Robert, born in 1905, but I can't find a date of death unless he's still with us at the age of 93/94.  Great age if he is!  There were also two sisters, Jane who died in the year she was born -1906, and a Liza who died in 1988.  Any leads or help would be much appreciated.