Author Topic: Laurison family help please  (Read 869 times)

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Laurison family help please
« on: Monday 02 September 19 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone...….My Laurison family in Ireland...…. I am trying to find what happened to this one family member. I have the rest of the family done. Sarah Emily Laurison born 1892 to john laurison and sarah jane Gibson......in the 1911 census, her name is spelt wrong and in 1901 census she is written down as Emily,    from irish genealogy ie, she is sarah Emily  any help in finding what happened to her after 1911 will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.   kind regards from Heather`

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Laurison family help please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 11:54 BST (UK) »
is it 6 Coronation Row, Mullahead, Sharh Smiley (i think that should be emily) I cannot open second page belonging to census. 1911 aged 18

also address 60 Laurelvale, Mullahead.

Well her mum was Sarah so they possible called her Emily.

find my past

http://www.findmypast.co.uk

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 12:06 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 18:14 BST (UK) »
thank you, yes was trying to track her down after 1911 census, looking for possible marriages, deaths, things like that for her.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 20:37 BST (UK) »

Just making sure it was correct family plus glean her father was deceased etc in case a marriage was found and one could check for father deceased etc on Cert!

Plus their Religion in case one found one in an RC church etc....

Also noted that rest of family is done!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 September 19 03:27 BST (UK) »
thank you

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 September 19 14:08 BST (UK) »
John Laurison timekeeper in factory  and yet couldn’t read or write? m Sarah Jane Gibson......
children
Sarah Emily aka Emily Laurison b 1892
lived at Laurelvale Village Mullahead Armagh its in kilmore civil parish

the 1911 census, the entire entry is written in a sloping hand and spells  Sarah as Sharh for all three names the widow Shrah Jane, daughter Shrah Emiley aged18 and daughter Shrah Jane aged 12 .  in 1901 census Emily aged 9 however Sarah Jane is aged 9 and entered clearly as Neice not daughter. both census signed with the mark X. there were several more children
from irish genealogy ie, she is sarah Emily 
All church of Ireland 

I tried https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/ for Sarah Emily in a variety of entries also that websites civil records,  I was looking for weddings deaths with no results

I tried familysearch.org was looking for weddings deaths with no results
I tried www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl was looking for weddings deaths with no results
I tried  https://apps.proni.gov.uk/ProniNames_IE/SearchPage.aspx with no results

I downloaded PRONI online Guide to church records for KILMORE civil parish, CO. ARMAGH here is just the Church of Ireland records
C.I. The Diamond (Armagh diocese) [Partly in Drumcree parish and partly in Kilmore parish] [Earliest registers destroyed in Dublin] Baptisms, 1877-; vestry minutes, 1876-; preachers’books, 1869-.In local custody
C.I. Kilmore (Armagh diocese) Baptisms, 1789-95 and 1799-1996; marriages, 17991923; burials, 1824-1942; vestry minutes, 1733-79 and 1813-1944; confirmations, 1824; extracts from vestry MIC1/8; T476/1; T2706/ from the 5th century.
C.I. Mullavilly (Armagh diocese) Baptisms, 1821-74; marriages, 1821-45; burials, 1821-76; vestry minutes, 1814-70.Notes about the church from 1750. 1862-.MIC583/3; MIC1/70; T2706/10 T2706/10 pp 46-68n local custody
C.I. Richhill (Armagh diocese) [Earliest registers destroyed in Dublin] Baptisms, 1878-; marriages, 1845-; vestry minutes,1870; preachers’ books, 1898-.In local custody
C.I. St Saviour’s (Armagh diocese) [Partly in Kilmore parish] Baptisms, 1858-63.
Notes about the church from 1856.Baptisms, 1864-; marriages, 1871-; burials, 1862-;
vestry minutes, 1870-; preachers’ books, 1858-.

If she didn’t marry the burials might be extended into a tombstone etc
has a little mention in https://www.johngrenham.com but may have 2 variant spellings not listed for non members
is not listed in The Oxford Names Companion
that’s all I can offer  Good luck onwards
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 September 19 16:20 BST (UK) »
yes the sarah written as the niece in 1901, then as daughter 1911, is in fact a granddaughter. I have her birth and mothers birth and rest of childrens births from irish genealogy ie.  I have managed with all the children to track them down to a certain extent, but not the sarah Emily.    thanks everyone