Author Topic: Keachie, looking for other Keachies, subset of McDonald and McEachern maybe?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline DogSledSanta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keachie, looking for other Keachies, subset of McDonald and McEachern maybe?
« on: Tuesday 03 September 19 21:21 BST (UK) »
Title says it all.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Keachie, looking for other Keachies, subset of McDonald and McEachern maybe?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 September 19 21:52 BST (UK) »
You don't give names/dates/places of who you're descended from or what exactly you want to find out?

Have you tried www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline DogSledSanta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Keachie, looking for other Keachies, subset of McDonald and McEachern maybe?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 07:58 BST (UK) »
ok, MORE DETAILS.  My dad's, Edward Chester Keachie, dad, was according to a marriage certificate in Berrien County MI, 1909,   a George Franklin Keachie.  His dad was William Keachie.  His mom was a Margaret, according to the same document.  Beyond that, I have nothing I can confirm.  Andrew Keachie came over in the 1750;s did a lot of begatting,with four sons.   I have followed all those down as far as I can.   I found a Thomas, and paid for him to do a DNA test, but my only Keachie connection is way up about 6 generations.  I know, therefore, that I am a Keachie, but that high up a connection, it is likely that the connection comes from a Keachie who stayed on in Scotland.  To confuse things further, George Franklin was living in the same rooming houses as a woman who claimed to be his mom, an Elizabeth D Keachie 1905 and 1907 in Cleveland OH, two different locations.  My dad was born in 1907, and George finally married my grandmother 2 years later, Agnes Budnick.  The George disappears two months later, for ever, no trace.  Elizabeth D Keachie places ads in western newspapers, inquiring for information about her son.  No results.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 17:43 BST (UK) »
Edward Chester Keachie, dad, was according to a marriage certificate George Franklin Keachie.  His dad was William Keachie.  His mom was a Margaret, according to the same document. 
Andrew Keachie came over in the 1750;s did a lot of begatting,with four sons.

Can you tell us exactly where Andrew came over to & why you believe from Scotland?

Can you tell us names/dates/places of the 4 sons of Andrew & from which you descend?

I've been doing some searching & have found Keachies (not a common name) in other states of USA, Canada, Aus, N Zealand, England as well as Scotland.

Have you considered the lack of matches to 'Keachies' could be down to females marrying i.e. won't carry the surname or am I reading it wrong?

I think you need to try to discover a marriage for William & Margaret &/or deaths.

It seems strange G F seems to have 2 mothers.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 September 19 19:38 BST (UK) »
A William H.Keachie  (27) married Lizzie Daniels (24) on 18th July 1886 in Cook, Illinois. This appears to be the marriage of the Elizabeth who was living with George Franklin Keachie in 1905/7.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline DogSledSanta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Ok, after much research I learned that Lizzie Daniels was apparently born Margaret Elizabeth Daniels, father was Calvin (born 1827), mother was Mary.  So George had one mother, and the family was based in Cleveland.  Mom could sing and took off for Liverpool in 1889, and apparently did very well for herself.  Uncertain as to whether George, then 3, went with her. She came back in 1895 and divorced William.  Photos of Lizzie, and her father, Calvin, show strong similarities down to the present day.  Thank-you for all your help.

Offline DogSledSanta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 19:37 GMT (UK) »
It would still be nice to find out more about William H Keachie.  Muddying the waters, there are several of these out there,but no matchups yet.  Not the Hahn Bemis one.  Not the one married to Ellen.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked for her or her son in the 1891 census?

Black's Surnames of Scotland give a few examples of MacGeachie/MacGeachy/MacKeachie, but suggests it may be Irish rather than from Scotland. It is not unusual for the initial mac to disappear from a surname.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 23:15 GMT (UK) »
It would still be nice to find out more about William H Keachie.

It would be nice if you could fill us in with what info. you have verified e.g...

Edward Chester Keachie b 1909 son of
George Franklin Keachie b? (& Agnes Budnick) son of
William H Keachie b c1853  (& Margaret Elizabeth Daniels) son of ?

What info, do you already have on William H Keachie?

Not sure how you then jump back to "Andrew Keachie came over in the 1750;s" which is a gap of 100 yrs?
Have you worked back to the 4 sons i.e. which do you know you descend from if at all?
What are the sons names as info. can be gleaned from info. found on siblings

Annie