Author Topic: john and Kate Dunne Portarlington and their son Joseph  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Mrsspathi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john and Kate Dunne Portarlington and their son Joseph
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 September 19 10:15 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that I might have found the parents and further back of the John Dunne from Co. Carlow who married Kate Gannon in 1894. I have been looking on and off for years so could do with a sanity check please given that I can find this information on RootsIreland but only a bit of it on  irish genealogy /church and civilrecords.   
On the Portarlington marriage register John is shown as full age in 1894 with a father also called John.  In 1911 census, his age is 40 so age is a bit uncertain. I have only found 1 x John/John combination in County Carlow that seems to be close date-wise but plenty of Dunnes.
John, a farmer, married Margaret Fitzgerald 5/8/72 in Myshall Parish. Their son John was baptised in Nov 1875 in Ballon Parish and before him was Francis in 1873. John the elder could then be John Dunne of Grange baptised in Jan 1853 whose father Francis married Catherine Deering in 1842 in Rathvilly. I did find a John Dunne in Rathvilly baptised in 1872 but his father is William so no good.