Author Topic: John Henwood marriage 1785 Portsea  (Read 339 times)

Offline LindaN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Henwood marriage 1785 Portsea
« on: Saturday 07 September 19 12:24 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out who the parents of John Henwood are. He was born around 1765 and was married 20 Jun 1785 at Saint Mary's, Portsea to Mary Galton.

I have found a couple of marriage records but they are only partially transcribed. I am hoping someone may have access to the original records and that they may have what parish John was from. I know that at that time parents names weren't generally on the records but knowing what parish he was from may help a bit.

We have found a possible connection to Middlesex but its only conjecture at the moment. I think he may also have had a sister called Mary.

I would appreciate any help that someone can give me. Thank you.
Prangnell, Chapman, How, Mumford, Henwood, Owen, Wormald, Robins, Bendall, Turner, Ayton, Watts, Baker, Wiltshire, Longman, Moody, Talbot.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Henwood marriage 1785 Portsea
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 September 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
Image can be viewed on FindMyPast. John and Mary were both of the parish, so no help there.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline LindaN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Henwood marriage 1785 Portsea
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 September 19 12:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that emeltom.

I have an Ancestry sub but not FindMyPast at the moment. But you are right, being both of the parish doesn't help much. Back to square one.
Prangnell, Chapman, How, Mumford, Henwood, Owen, Wormald, Robins, Bendall, Turner, Ayton, Watts, Baker, Wiltshire, Longman, Moody, Talbot.