Author Topic: DNA test - can anyone unravel this conundrum please?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: DNA test - can anyone unravel this conundrum please?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Prue have I understood correctly that LB is from a younger generation than you and your other match
In which case could it be first cousins once removed or half first cousins if only 1 grandparent in common
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 15:54 BST (UK) »
My mum links 336 cm to her half cousin he links 192 to me but not to any descendants of mums 10aunts and uncles on maternal side
Who I.match
They found they had a shared grandmother and different grandfathers also he was born 30 years later than my mother  .
Matching place of origin definitely helps
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Prue Heron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 22:22 BST (UK) »
Prue, You may think you have outruled Burrows, but as C is descended from parents of Will Mitchell, you should share DNA with him if you are 2nd cousins. To me, that says you have to outrule Mitchell as well.  However, you presumably have other evidence to back this up.

Wait for closer matches - they will probably come along sooner or later.
See if LB, C and you are willing to upload to Gedmatch, familytreeDNA and myheritageDNA.
Lower the parameters at Gedmatch and myheritage to see if you can see any match between C and yourself at all.
Try out What are the odds? - unlikely to provide an answer, but may give some clues.

Good luck in your quest.

Regards Margaret

Amended - See Craclyn's reply. Upload to other sites but don't alter any parameters. Margaret

Thank you for your help.  i think this shows that only LB is related and therefore, as her second cousin, the relative is not linked to eithere of our fathers.  So the link is her Grandmother, Mitchell.  Think you and I may be saying the same thing!  I feel we have already taken lots of advantage of the C and family so don't want to go the GED route.  LB and I are already on there.  Onwards and upwards... will keep you posted if anything exciting happens/any breakthroughs...