Author Topic: Mary & Ellen Nicholson Cork  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & Ellen Nicholson Cork
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 September 19 13:05 BST (UK) »
It states it on the cencus records for Ellen Kelleher ,i dont know how to share on here

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 September 19 13:55 BST (UK) »
I am looking at both your threads  :)
The census won’t tell you where her father was born - just her.

I know he is a deceased farmer on his daughters’ marriages but they might have moved from the country to be servants in town.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 October 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
No but I will start looking, all I know for James Nicholson is that he was born in co cork am so am unsure if the parish.

How do you know that James was born in Co. Cork? Do you have any records to share please?

On the marriage record for Ellen and James Kelleher in in April 1880 at  st peter and Paul's cork it states James Nicholson was a farmer and from Co Cork, really dont know where to go from here Heywood

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 October 20 11:23 BST (UK) »

No but I will start looking, all I know for James Nicholson is that he was born in co cork am so am unsure if the parish.

How do you know that James was born in Co. Cork? Do you have any records to share please?

On the marriage record for Ellen and James Kelleher in in April 1880 at  st peter and Paul's cork it states James Nicholson was a farmer and from Co Cork, really dont know where to go from here Heywood

Here's the marriage from 1880:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1880/11038/8036917.pdf

It states that James Nickleson (dead) was a farmer, but it does NOT state that he was from Co Cork.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 October 20 18:05 BST (UK) »

Here's the marriage from 1880:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1880/11038/8036917.pdf

It states that James Nickleson (dead) was a farmer, but it does NOT state that he was from Co Cork.

KG

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/exhibition/index.html

Sorry it was on the cencus records for 1911, its states both Ellen and her husband James were from co cork

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 October 20 18:55 BST (UK) »
I can see the birth of Patrick who would be the first child and perhaps named after James Kelleher’s father.
What was the name of the first daughter? I have looked through births to 1885 and can’t spot a daughter.
I wonder if she would be named after Ellen’s mother?

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 October 20 23:38 BST (UK) »
I can see the birth of Patrick who would be the first child and perhaps named after James Kelleher’s father.
What was the name of the first daughter? I have looked through births to 1885 and can’t spot a daughter.

Her first Daughter was called Ellen, her sister Mary called her first daughter Mary Elllen, that's all I know, would love to find out more on them

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 October 20 23:42 BST (UK) »

Yes that's them in grattan street in 1901, her first daughter was Ellen and her sister Mary called her first daughter Mary Ellen