Author Topic: seeking info on Francis Reese Roberts b 1923 Wallasey  (Read 1166 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
seeking info on Francis Reese Roberts b 1923 Wallasey
« on: Thursday 19 September 19 01:15 BST (UK) »
I believe the gentleman above is the son of Francis & Harriet Roberts & was born to them in 1923 in Wallasey.    I've been trying to find a marriage for him, however he may not have married?  He died in 2003 & I thought if I could find his grave it would probably indicate his possible wife & even children, however I can't find his or his parents' grave.  They are possibly all buried together if I could just find them??  His father Francis died in Wallasey in 1959 & his mother Harriet died in 1961 also in Wallasey.

Also on his parents' marriage cert for 1916 it says his father was a driver in the 57th West Lancs Royal Field Artillery.  Could anyone tell me please how to look up for his applicable papers?

Thanks to anyone who can help find any of the above info.

I live in Canada & will be coming over to the area in mid to late Oct & would love to be able to go & find & take photos of the grave or graves.
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: seeking info on Francis Reese Roberts b 1923 Wallasey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 September 19 01:59 BST (UK) »
If he died in 2003 he may have been cremated rather than buried
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 September 19 02:02 BST (UK) »
Good point!   Bit early for cremation for his parents I think though??!!

Thanks for replying,
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 September 19 02:05 BST (UK) »
Buying a copy of his death cert will show who reported his death and their relationship to him.  However - there is no guarantee it was a family member.  There is no probate entry for him so he did not leave a will and there was no grant of administration
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 September 19 11:32 BST (UK) »
OK - so his mums maiden name was Reese - hence Francis Reese Roberts
on www.cheshirebmd.org.uk 1923 - BUT - it doesn't show any more births for Roberts mmn Reese

was he an only child ?   have you found the family on 1939 Register?
any family members we can research that may be buried in a family grave ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 September 19 12:15 BST (UK) »
Francis Roberts & Harriett Reese married September qtr 1916 in Birkenhead.  He is shown as Francies on freebmd and CheshireBMD

EDIT

Sorry - just realised you already have that info

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 September 19 12:24 BST (UK) »
Good point!   Bit early for cremation for his parents I think though??!!

Thanks for replying,
Amberly.

Not too early for cremation. My great-grandmother was cremated in 1941, as was my grandfather in the 1960s.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 September 19 12:43 BST (UK) »
There is a Harriet Reese birth on freebmd March qtr 1888 in Llanfyllin and the  death in Wallasey 1961 for Harriett Roberts shows b c 1888

The death for Francis Roberts in Wallasey 1959 shows born c 1887 and there is a birth reg March qtr 1887 Llanfyllin

Births in the latter part of December were usually only registered after Christmas so are found in the March qtr of the following year

With that info you should be able to find Francis & Harriet (note  spelling - one T) on the 1939 register in Cheshire with one redacted entry

I think the only way of getting more info about Francis jnr is via the 2003  death cert.  Knowing  his actual death date and exactly where he died would be useful in any approach to any cemetery

These are the areas within the Birkenhead RD but my guess would be Landican for either cremation or burial

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/birkenhead.html

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 September 19 01:08 BST (UK) »
Carole W, thanks for your replies.   He was my grandfather's bro so I know all about him until he moved to Wallasey.  Yes I did find them on the 1939 register & assume the redacted entry was Francis Reese their only son, as I cannot find anymore children.  Also Harriet his mother was 29 when she married & Francis wasn't born until 1923 so she was about 36 when he was born, so they probably didn't have any more children.   Thank you also for sending me the Birkenhead Registration district info I shall look into that.
I'm a little loathe at sending for his death cert as it may or may not give me more info & they're not so cheap anymore!

Thanks to AVM for her comment too.

Garstonite, thanks for replying.  No other family members lived near him they all were in Wales or had emigrated so nothing to go on from there.

So thanks to all for replying.

Can anyone tell me now how to find his father's papers for joining up please??     See my original message.

Cheers, Amberly