Author Topic: Janet Morrison and Samuel Tease - NSW  (Read 980 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Janet Morrison and Samuel Tease - NSW
« on: Thursday 19 September 19 07:24 BST (UK) »
I have the following:

Birth:14467/1863 MORRISON Jannet parents JOHN and GRACE WELLINGROVE

Marriage: 6610/1882 TEASE Samuel MORRISON Janet TAMWORTH

Death:13662/1904 TEASE Samuel parents SAMUEL and ANNIE WEST MAITLAND

Janet is mentioned in the 1920 will of her mother Grace, but no surname is given.

I'm looking for any information on Janet and Samuel. I do not need anything on Janet's parents or siblings.

I know the marriage and death certificate for the above Samuel may be useful, but thought I'd try here first.

I've had no joy on Trove.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Morrison and Samuel Tease - NSW
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 September 19 07:40 BST (UK) »
It was suggested by a cousin that the couple may have gone to the US. This has just popped up during an Internet search, and it does suggest a US connection:

Samuel S Tease from tree Joseph Warner Rand III Family Tree
Record information.
Birth   1857 New South Wales Australia
Marriage   dd/mm/year
Death   date/date/year
Record information.
Father   given name surname
Mother   given name
Spouse   Janet Morrison (1863-year)

Birth: 7848/1857 TEAS SAMUEL S parents SAMUEL ISABELLA MAITLAND

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 September 19 07:50 BST (UK) »
Perhaps this is his father or grandfather?

Mr Samuel TEASE, per the Helen arriving 21 July 1841 from Liverpool (departed 4 April 1841) .   He was single, aged 28 years, from Conwal (Ireland) and could read and write.  He was a farm servant, and a Presbyterian.  His parents were John TEASE and Catherine TEASE ...  A Bounty lad.

http://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?series=NRS5316&item=4_4788&ship=Helen   (Image on page 9,  TEAS, Samuel ...  )

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FL24-5JB

JM  :D
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 September 19 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there, JM.

Thank you for the information.

There are mentions on Trove of who I assume is the father.

Based on what I can see, but can't access, on Ancestry, I'm going to post on the US board and see if anything can be found.

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 September 19 08:05 BST (UK) »
My transcription of a cutting from the Ireland Calendar of Wills and Administrations ... 1858 - 1920

Samuel TEASE  22 September Administration of the Estate of Samuel TEASE late of Carrick Trentagh County Donegal, Farmer who died 21 December 1905 granted at Londonderry to Janet TEASE the Widow  Effects £193  ... perhaps available via familysearch...

It is a very popular surname  :) in Co DONEGAL, but Janet was born AUSTRALIA ....  :) as per the Irish census of 1901   :D  :D  :D  :D

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QPBL-SPHM

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 September 19 08:17 BST (UK) »
Yes, my Janet is of Scottish descent.  ;D

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 September 19 08:22 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01odw/   this should be the live link to the Irish Calendar of Wills and Admons .... right hand page of Image 655 (of 683). 
Alternatively try this link  :) https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K699-M61

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 September 19 08:31 BST (UK) »
The Irish chap died the year after the Australian one.

Samuel S Teas was born in Australia to a Samuel and Isabella. I can't find a marriage for the couple, nor a death for Isabella. The 1904 could be the the husband of Isabella, but where has she gone. Neither are on the Maitland cemetery index.

Samuel S also had a sibling Matilda, that I can't see anywhere other than the birth registration.

I haven't checked other States, as yet.

Jamjar

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 September 19 08:34 BST (UK) »
One Samuel Teas, in 1846, bottom of 3rd last column:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article684512

Jamjar