Author Topic: Mary Hamilton nee Archer b 1930 Hamilton Ontario  (Read 653 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Hamilton nee Archer b 1930 Hamilton Ontario
« on: Friday 20 September 19 19:30 BST (UK) »
 My late mother, like many of her generation had penpals from all over the world from the late 1930’s onwards. After going through her papers I have found photos and information about some of these penpals. I have not found anyone actively researching the above named so post the information I have in case someone in the future comes looking.

Mary Archer was born 31 3 1930. she was the fourth of five children and had 2 sisters and 2 brothers.
She liked stamp collecting, films, reading, writing, cycling, swimming and dancing.
She worked in a drug store in the office and was learning shorthand and typing. Her mother died in Feb 1949.
She married John Hamilton who was an electrician in a steel plant. They had two sons .
Address shown was 76 Willowcrest Avenue, Hamilton, Ontario.
A previous address was Albion Lodge, Barbarees Road, St Michael 8 Barbados, but I am unsure when this address applied
North East of England

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hamilton nee Archer b 1930 Hamilton Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 September 19 02:49 BST (UK) »
Is this lady still living? 

The most recent directory I can find is from 1969...it has this couple living in Hamilton at the address from your post.  J is an electrician with Dofasco. 

https://archive.org/details/1969VernonsHamiltonCityDirectory/page/n341

RK

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 September 19 11:33 BST (UK) »
My understanding from my late mother was that Mary had died, but as RunKitty thinks she is still alive, I have asked the moderator to delete this thread.
North East of England

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 September 19 14:50 BST (UK) »
I don't have any idea if she is alive or not....if your mother believed Mary had died, then let's go with that.  Do you have any idea when she might have died??   This might help find an obituary/family names etc.

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 September 19 15:54 BST (UK) »

I received a message from the OP after starting to research a couple on USA thread.

I'm not researching the families I've posted about , simply putting the photos out there in case someone wants them. I didn't want to shred them without making effort to share the information
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada