Author Topic: Scotland[Ayrshire?] to Donegal[Raphoe Barony] to Australia & Virginia.  (Read 4241 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland[Ayrshire?] to Donegal[Raphoe Barony] to Australia & Virginia.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 03 October 19 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hallmark - I have no idea where the deed was registered. Just that the firm who instigated the search was registered in Dublin. If you pm me an email address i can send you a copy.

Does the Deed you have not have something like this on it?

If not, then it might be a Deed that wasn't Registered and just kept by his Solicitor.

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 03 October 19 23:12 BST (UK) »
Up Trumps as usual. Thanks Hallmark. Great resources.

cheers
Jack
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 03 October 19 23:31 BST (UK) »

Now we will have Robert and Arthur McClure's descendants trying to do their family tree and in  2744 they will be back to fight over farm!!   ;D  ;D

I'll be retired by then!   8)

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 04 October 19 02:47 BST (UK) »
Hallmark, i am up for the discussion with any of the McClures mentioned. The 2744 date will not be an issue with me either - I will be long gone.

Cheers
Jack
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline BarbaraAllen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 January 21 01:27 GMT (UK) »
hello Troops have i missed any references that may help confirm the McClures migration from Scotland to Donegal & then to Australia & Virginia?

Cloghroh/Cloghroe-Samuel McClure, wife [nee McClure], children – Nancy, Elizabeth, Jane, Samuel, David.Findrum – Widow McClure – Andrew, Mary, & Rebecca.[Widow McClure – John McClure 1765-1816] m. Mary Caldwell].John Gregg.m.Margaret McClure – children.1835 – Listed Will of David McClure of Kilross [between Killynure & Stranorlar][near Upper Cavan].1840 – Robert McClure of Magheranappin married Margaret Montgomery second daughter of Hugh Montgomery of Ray.
1876 – Landowners List – David McClure, Gobnascale – 59 acres. November 1896 - Land Deed Search - 6.3.1855, 1.1.1870, 12.4.1877, 13.12.1877, 5.2.1891- James McClure [Robert McClure – son], William McClure, David McClure Gobnascale, Parish Convoy, Barony Raphoe. [David McClure of Gobnascale – note ‘This does not apply the Grantor must be David McClure of Killynure].Cloghroe McClures Charles McClure – Freeholders list 1775-1778 Samuel McClure – Raphoe Vestry 1767, Spinning Wheel 1796, Will 1779.Son of Samuel – Samuel McClure – bc1769, d.1865.m.[nee]McClure, Convoy Presbyterian Congregation 1822, Freeholders List 1829.
Heresay from Gobnascale McClures that they are related to the McClures of Killynure/Convoy.

Cheers
Jack Gee

Greetings Jack. I'm new to Rootschat. I'm researching my 3x grandmother Margaret McClure and her husband John Gregg, both from Donegal. Her headstone shows her birth year as 1777 but I don't have a birth year for John. I don't know their parish. I don't know their parents' names. They had three children, Richard b.1806, David b.1807 and Ann, b. 1819, all born in Ireland according to the earliest census of the area in which they settled. Sometime after Ann's birth, possibly around 1826, they all left for Canada, settling in farmland southwest of Montreal, Quebec. The area they chose is called Hemmingford, a lovely area filled with apple orchards and farmsteads even today. In fact, a number of settlers to that area came from Ireland and Scotland starting around 1818. I see that your post mentions John Gregg and Margaret McClure and children so I highlighted it in red, hoping that this may be them! I wonder if you could direct me to where you found that information about them? Thanks for all your research into the McClures! Fascinating background!

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 February 21 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barbara Allen,
 i hope you are still linked to this forum. Please get back to me if you get the reminder email. I have a little info on your Greggs.
Only starting to look in depth.

cheers
Jack Gee

Offline BarbaraAllen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 19 February 21 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barbara Allen,
 i hope you are still linked to this forum. Please get back to me if you get the reminder email. I have a little info on your Greggs.
Only starting to look in depth.

cheers
Jack Gee

Hi Jack, yes, still here. I was delighted to see the reminder email arrive! I'd be pleased to know anything you might have turned up on the Greggs. Thanks very much for responding to my post.

Cheers,
Barbara Allen

Online JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barbara Allen, i have unproven material on this Gregg line [ i have several] with the following tree -
William Gregg to son John Gregg.m.Margaret McClure.bc.1784 of Findrum to Hammingford, Ontario, Lower Canada 1834. Children - David .b.1807, William, Richard [3 children[AA]], Rebecca, Eliza, Nancy and Margaret.
AA - John G.Gregg.bc.1851.d.26.8.1900.the 3rd son of Richard Gregg died at Hemmingford PQ.

Other - Margaret E. GREGG 23 JAN 1878 in Church of England at Hemmingford, Huntingdon, Quebec, Canada, daughter of Richard GREGG , Esq. and Sarah HUDSON. She was born 9 FEB 1842 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada, and died 30 JAN 1914 in St. Jean Chrysostome, Quebec.

I hope that we can expand on this thread and i hope it helps.

When you have one more post we can send personal messages.
Cheers
Jack Gee