Author Topic: Sir Walter Blount  (Read 3577 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Walter Blount
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 September 19 13:01 BST (UK) »

It appears you can submit corrections at Findagrave, though you need an account to do so.

Yes, you can submit corrections, but the manager of the memorial at Findagrave can reject the edit.
In my experience the majority of the managers are pleased to receive the information, but I have had a couple of gnarly ones who refused to accept the edit because they said it didn't agree with their information.   

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 October 19 14:07 BST (UK) »
A quick follow-up: the Medieval Genealogy website has a few links relating to the Blount family at

http://www.medievalgenealogy.org.uk/families/families_b.shtml
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 06 October 19 11:15 BST (UK) »
I did send corrections to both the person who posted the photo and to Find a Grave. Not sure anything with come of it, but I also "laid "flowers with a comment on there too.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 October 19 19:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for the updates😊 I never heard back from the church in Nottingham re Walter Blount. Not interested I guess?

Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline martyng

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 05 June 21 18:44 BST (UK) »
I can confirm that neither Sir Walter Blount or his wife Dame Sancha de Ayala were buried in Newark. Both were buried in Leicester at St Mary Collegiate Church (de newarke (meaning new work)). This church was demolished and De Montfort University now stands on the site. I have been unable, so far, to locate or find what happened to their remains. The photos shown online at various ancestry sites is of two of his sons. One is at Warwick Cathedral and the other is in York Minster. I hope to go to York Minster soon to confirm who is there.