Author Topic: Evening Chronicle 09 July 1963 - look up please  (Read 673 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evening Chronicle 09 July 1963 - look up please
« on: Tuesday 01 October 19 15:04 BST (UK) »
This one is online but dire.  Its not telling me anything new but I document every little bit I find and hate guessing - even when I am fairly certain I am right.

Newcastle Evening Chronicle 1963 09 July
page 8 col 1

With a combination of squinting and guessing ( guessed words in italics) I think this notice says:

BELL  Blackpool  July 7 Margaret Beatrice beloved wife of the late Charles Edwin Bell and dear mother of Muriel

This was purely a notice of death, no funeral arrangements included as it was so far away. I have checked the following year (which was readable) but no In Memoriam notices - though this family just didn't do those so I didn't expect one.

Thanks

Boo

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Chronicle 09 July 1963 - look up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 October 19 18:02 BST (UK) »
Yikes,Boo!

That one is tough. It is likely as you "transcribed".

Maureen

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 October 19 18:16 BST (UK) »
I don't know which are worse, the really dark ones that result in blurry black blobs, or the lighter ones like this where some parts just disappear. If I didn't know as much as I do about Margaret Beatrice I wouldn't have been able to even guess at what it says :-)

Still, at least I know that a notice is likely to exist, which is sometimes the best I can get from this database - but its a baby step forward.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo,

As soon as I have a shift which will enable me to fit in with the library opening times, I will do this look up.

I had hoped to get there today but my hours have been changed so I will miss the opening time.  :-\ It is likely that I will be able to do this soon though, either next week or week after. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 09:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL, as ever that si kind of you though there's certainly no hurry and its nowhere near vital.

Its the word that possibly says Blackpool that is the clincher.

This lady, from birth until the 1930s was in the North East and was in Blackpool in 1939 with her husband and daughter, running a 'company house'. She died there on 07 July 1963.

If this notice does turn out to say what I think it does then its a nice link back to where she came from to add to the other info I have about her.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 October 19 09:49 BST (UK) »
My hours changed back to original last night so I was able to get to the library after all.

I had no difficulty in reading the notice, Boo - although there was a little paper rip show showing on the name Bell at the start of the notice.

I can confirm that the notice is exactly as you have written and it definitely does record as 'Blackpool'.

I hope that is of help to have this confirmed. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 October 19 10:06 BST (UK) »
Bless you RTL, thank you very much.

Yes, it does help, its the icing on the cake to have a 'tie back' to the North East.
and pleased I managed to get the wording right, the online image 'was' dire - these new specs seem to be well worth the money!

Boo