Author Topic: Anthony Eaton marriage to Elizabeth Halden Brent Pelham  (Read 920 times)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anthony Eaton marriage to Elizabeth Halden Brent Pelham
« on: Friday 04 October 19 15:22 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a record for this marriage, the details are:

3 March 1791, Brent Pelham, Hertfordshire, England

While I have the details I can't find where I got them from so would like to be able to source the record to prove I haven't made it up!
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Eaton marriage to Elizabeth Halden Brent Pelham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 October 19 15:38 BST (UK) »
https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/ufs/HALS_MARRIAGES.eb?T_USER_ID=xyz_TEMP_99&UVISITOR=1_1570199728248&T_ORDER_ID=377695&SF_EXACT_SEARCH=false&ebd=0&ebz=1_1570199728248

Yes it did happen. The above link hopefully will take you to the entry on the Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies (HALS) site.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 October 19 18:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks  :D
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Eaton marriage to Elizabeth Halden Brent Pelham
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 October 19 02:50 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of mentions of Anthony EATON, stonemason, of Shoreditch (am assuming this is the correct chap) in the London Gazette (1787 and 1791). Happy to transcribe them if you haven't seen them.  :)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 October 19 09:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I’ve looked him up, great resource as well.

I was going to say I don’t think it is him as I understood he was a Yeoman of the Guard and later a gentleman farmer. But the mention of the will of a James Noble is interesting. Anthony Eaton was previously married to an Ann Noble and I do know there was some squabble regarding a will.

He seems to have been an interesting character.