Author Topic: Harry Bradbury  (Read 6703 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Bradbury
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 06 October 19 00:26 BST (UK) »
Michael BRADBURY a sailor, is included in the NSW 1828 census.   :)

JM

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=810812.0

There's also entries for the surname MURPHY in that census document.  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 06 October 19 02:30 BST (UK) »
Harry – was this him with his wife and son?

NSW Electoral roll 1902 DALLEY, polling at Long Cove.  (This is the 1902 roll, NOT the 1903-4 roll)

BRADBURY
Arthur Henry, 61 Ryan Street, a butcher
Henry Arthur, 61 Ryan Street, a labourer
Sarah Ann, 61 Ryan Street, domestic duties

Sands 1905 Sydney Alphabetical Directory
Harry H BRADBURY 61 Ryan St, L’hardt

Sands 1892 Suburban Street Directory
LEICHHARDT
Ryan Street, West Side
61 Bradbury, Harry H.

Sands 1909 Suburban Street Directory
LEICHHARDT
Ryan St, West side
61, Bradbury Harry A

Notice:  Henry, Harry H, and Harry A ... to me that's simply how the info was heard and then recorded rather than any intent to hide origins with flawed details. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 06 October 19 03:05 BST (UK) »
I believe Sarah Ann Wilsher from Chelmsford Essex may have Poole family who emigrated to Queensland around the same time so there may be Poole marriages as she states her mother was Elizabeth Poole and her father Henry Wilsher, market gardener.  I also can’t find that Henry Wilsher and Elizabeth Poole has a daughter called Sarah Ann and they married after she was born then had several children.  I have been  advised by an Ancestry English member that Elizabeth Poole had an illigitimate daughter, born around the right time, before she married Henry Wilsher called Sarah Carpenter Poole and I am presently following that up as Sarah Wilsher is another brick wall for me.  There was a William and Elizabeth Wilsher from Chelmsford who had a daughter Sarah born around the right time so wonder if Sarah lied about her parents.  She appeared to be underage when she and Harry Bradbury married.  I have DNA matches to Pooles and Wilshers from the Chelmsford area so am confident that I am on the right track but there seems to be lots of Wilsher and Poole families in that area, especially from Writtle (close to Chelmsford) so it is hard to find the right family

The only marriage between a Wilsher and Poole in Essex was a Harry (not Henry) Wilsher, son of William, who married an Eliza (not Elizabeth) Poole, dau. of Edward, 29/1/1859 Writtle, Essex.   He was an ordinary agricultural labourer, not a market gardener.   Although birth registered as Sarah Carpenter Poole she was baptised as plain Sarah Poole, illeg. dau. of Eliza Poole 25/3/1855 Writtle.  She was with her maternal grandparents in 1861 and a servant working in South Weald, Essex in 1871.  Can I ask what the 'St James passenger list' is and when they arrived in Australia?   I can't see entries in immigration records for the 2 of them available on Ancestry.

As to Harry Arthur Bradbury - if he was born in England it certainly wasn't with this name plus there is no trace of the Michael and Bridget he gives as his parents, nor any trace of the 3 of them on English census records. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 06 October 19 04:07 BST (UK) »
As she uses both Ann and Mary as middle names - her headstone having Mary - I’m thinking she may be Sarah Maryann.

I too wonder where the immigration details are listed.

Added: Found it but only shows one page on iPad:

http://www.archivessearch.qld.gov.au/Image/DigitalImageDetails.aspx?ImageId=39699

4th column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article18331703

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 06 October 19 04:28 BST (UK) »
Yep, and won’t go past page you see. When I click ‘next’ just goes to the same page.

Debra, can you see the ages of Sarah and Harry?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 06 October 19 04:36 BST (UK) »
 :)

from the image '39699'  I read among the names on page 11 (of 13 of the pdf of the images  :)) Sarah WILTSHIRE, and 19
a NO mention of any marriage plans.

snip attached.   

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 06 October 19 04:41 BST (UK) »
and from the other one ....

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 06 October 19 04:43 BST (UK) »
Does it actually intend to show that Harry Arthur BRADBURY was a sailor on that same voyage of that ship?

JM