Author Topic: Blanche Ellen Foot  (Read 1294 times)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Blanche Ellen Foot
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 October 19 01:02 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether this item in the Sherborne Mercury. (June 28, 1864) has something to do with your Blanche (being the child mentioned)?

Modified to add: their marriage Dec qtr 1864  Sherborne 5a/805

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 October 19 01:14 BST (UK) »
Here is Frederick and Mary Ann BEACH in 1871, though I can't see a birth registration for 7 year old "Mary A" - is this Blanche?  :-\  Kate and Sarah are registered at Wincanton.

Frederick Beach   38    Corton Denham, Somerset
Mary A Beach       32    Pointington, Somerset
Mary A Beach         7    Pointington
Kate Beach             5     Corton Denham
Sarah J Beach        1     Corton Denham
GBC/1871/2424/0051

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 October 19 01:26 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I think I was on the wrong track. There is a Mary Angelina FOOT registered at Sherborne in Jun qtr 1864.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 October 19 08:22 BST (UK) »
That couple have already been discounted

Could mum be the Mary Ann Foot who married Frederick Beach, Dec qtr 1864 Sherborne?

Maybe not. This family was in Corton Denham, Somerset by 1871 - no sign of Blanche with them.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kathvit1969

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for your responses so far. On the marriage cert of Blanche Ellen and Fredrick Upshall, George Foot was listed as a witness to the wedding. I found a child born in 1864 (correct age) listed Ellen Foot living with her grandparents in Compton Pauncefoot in 1871. Her grandfather was George Fose (Fox/ foot) and her grandmother was Mary (fox?).  Not sure if there was a misspelling there.

I can't seem to find any record of George Foot (Fose Fox) and Mary (Fose, Fox, Foot) who were married at any time, and George who was still alive in 1889 to witness the marriage of Ellen and Fred.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, can anybody find them?

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 14:37 BST (UK) »
Mary was a WHITELOCK, and they were married in 1850.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M7XD-BBC

Emily is with George in 1841, her mother was Rhoda (possibly PITMAN).  Ellen appears to have been registered as Ellen FOX, so probably Emily's daughter.

FOX, ELLEN   
No mother's maiden surname
GRO Reference: 1863  D Quarter in WINCANTON  Volume 05C  Page 535

Compton Pauncefoot appears to be entirely populated by those with the names FOX, WHITELOCK and FOOT  ;D

Debra  :)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 October 19 15:49 BST (UK) »
I have another possibility for and it looks pretty good to me.

I have been following Mary Ann FOOT baptised in Dewlish in 1843, the daughter of Robert FOOT and his first wife Elizabeth ALNER.  Robert married secondly to Elizabeth's sister Charlotte ALNER in 1848, but they had already had a son named George who was baptised in 1846.

In 1851 Charlotte, George and another daughter Fanny are in the workhouse in West Fordington and Mary Ann is with her grandfather Robert ALNER in Dewlish.

In 1861 Robert and Charlotte and their children are in Hazelbury Bryan, and I think Mary Ann was in service to Edward DAVIS.

In 1868 Mary Ann FOOT married Charles GOLDRING at Stinsford and named her father as Robert.  In 1876 George FOOT also married in Stinsford to Sarah Ann GOLDRING who was Charles' sister.

Mary Ann and Charles had a son named Eli George GOLDRING in 1868.  In 1871 Charles and Mary Ann (GOULDRING) are in Stinsford with Ely G. aged 2 as well as a daughter named Ellen aged 7 born Holwell.  Is this Blanche Ellen?

Eli George died in 1878 and Mary Ann also died 1878 aged 35. Charles GOLDRING remarried to Mary Ann Jane CRABB.

Even though Blanche Ellen was married in Wales, the banns were read at West Fordington.  Frederick was of Ystradyfodwg and Blanche was 'of this parish'.

Debra  :)

Offline kathvit1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 24 October 19 06:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Debra! I was focusing my search around Sherborne - where Blanche Ellen was born and in the surrounding catchment areas for the Sherborne work house.  I will definitely look at this.

Thanks again

Kath