Author Topic: Tithe Map Schedule Kidderminster  (Read 670 times)

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tithe Map Schedule Kidderminster
« on: Wednesday 09 October 19 14:22 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the Tithe Map Schedule round Kidderminster?  My direct ancestor William Collins (1799-1868) lived in Stourbridge Street and was a house and land agent and sometime a teacher.  However on his daughter's birth registration in 1839 he is shown as FARMER.  This suggests that he held some land in the area either as owner or tenant.  I would be very grateful if someone can locate this on the Tithe Map.
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tithe Map Schedule Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 October 19 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hello
The tithe maps for Kidderminster in 1842 are on the Worcestershire Archives website.
I found it really difficult to work out how to search the map
At the top you seem to need to click on tithes in the Inclosures,tithes ,estates choices
then in the box at the bottom name William Collins and tithes.

It seems to bring up one entry on Comberton Hill Kidderminster  just above the railway station
Tithe 1s 6d .  Size 0,0,33.
He owned and occupied it.
I can't really get a grip of it but it is there.

https://gis.worcestershire.gov.uk/website/tithesmapping/

All the best

Ciderdrinker

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 October 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Ciderdrinker.  33 perches doesn't seem much for a chap billing himself as 'farmer'.  Thanks very much for the link.  It will come in useful.
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).

Offline mutchall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 July 21 00:45 BST (UK) »
There's a Charles Collins, born about 1800, clerk and school master living in Wribbenhall and Hoarstone and a William Collins, born about 1799, weaver, living in Frainch within the Foreign or Borough of Kidderminster

see https://www.explorethepast.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MilitiaListKidderminsterStMary1824-1931.pdf

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 July 21 08:56 BST (UK) »
I think I may have found out who Wm Collins was.  There was a William Barnett Collins baptised in 1799 in the village of Ribbesford.  His mother is named as Mary Collins but the father is not named.  The main suspect must be 23 year old William Barnett.