Author Topic: Jane Brine- died 5th March 1906- on Tisbury Reg wilts but showing Yeovil in obit  (Read 633 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I am trying to help a friend locate the burial place of his great grandmother Jane Brine- who died in 1906. I believe that an obituary was placed in the western Gazette for the Yeovil area on 16th March and I am wondering if that gives any clues as to where the burial took place.

I would so appreciate any help in this please.

I have tried to access the British Newspaper archives for this period for the Western Gazette but my search that way is bringing no results.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you so much

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Brine- died 5th March 1906- on Tisbury Reg wilts but showing Yeovil in obit
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 October 19 22:51 BST (UK) »
The Western Gazette - Hampshire edition (Somerset, Dorset, Wilts Hants and Berks) including Yeovil, is available for Friday 16th March 1906, I just searched for nothing, and specified the paper and date.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Brine- died 5th March 1906- on Tisbury Reg wilts but showing Yeovil in obit
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 October 19 22:58 BST (UK) »
Brine - March 5th at Tollard Royal, Jane wife of Robert R F Brine.  (page 12 of 12)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 October 19 23:09 BST (UK) »
1901 they lived at Tollard Royal
Janes's husband Robert Richard Friend Brine died 12 April 1909 registered in Lymington district
Probate states
Robert Richard Friend Brine of Mount Pleasant Sway Hants died12 april 1909 Admin London 5 Oct to Richard Arthur Brine occ stud groom
Effects £175 14s 4d

wonder if Robert and Jane were buried together ? Maybe finding Roberts burial may help

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 October 19 23:20 BST (UK) »
April 8th to 21st not showing for Western Gazette.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 October 19 04:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. Yes, because I am trying to locate the burial of both Jane and her husband Richard my logic was to locate Jane as she died first in tollard royal -,because as you say her husband Richard died 3 years later In sway in 1909 and i had found the probate register for him- so my logic was also that he may have been buried with his wife. Has anyone any ideas where i can look now online as i dont think dorset opc shows burialsfor tollard royal for the timescale concerned.
All suggestions welcome as I am sure the local undertaker business would not still be there!
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Brine- died 1906 Completed
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 October 19 04:58 BST (UK) »
Found it !! Jane brine buried 11th March 1906 at tollard royal xx registers from 1909 are still at the church so a visit to the church should reveal if richard was buried with her in 1909.
Many thanks everyone
Caroline