Author Topic: Alexander Cameron and Isabella Cook  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Cameron and Isabella Cook
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow! thanks jcmac for info. Annette you could have found my link. I was considering Mary Taylor as the possible sister who's daughter was looking after Aunt Euphemia. I wonder why they wanted to be younger? or they could not remember their birth date, probably. 

Does Isabella and Annabella get interchanged with each other. For Mary's mother was Annabella.

What a round about way of finding a connection. No wonder genealogy can make one dizzy.  :D 

So if the info is right then two people have been solved. Mary and Euphemia.  :)
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 09:13 GMT (UK) »
if the info is right
To confirm the information you need to get the actual death certificates (though as I explained earlier Isabella's may not list her parents).

Annette has kindly spent 6 of her own credits to get Alexander's death certificate for you.

You can get Euphemia's yourself for £1.50 at Scotland's People - less than the cost of a cup of coffee.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 09:32 GMT (UK) »
I really do appreciate Annette doing that for me. But please! any of you do not spend any more of your credits on me. I have contacted a person in England that I know that also has the same Taylor family as I do. And gave him all the info that the kind people here have given me. Now it is just to wait and see what he says. There are two others that I can also contact.

Once again all of you thanks so much for all your help.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey