Author Topic: William KINGSHOTT baptised about 1820 in Greatham  (Read 1071 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: William KINGSHOTT baptised about 1820 in Greatham
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 November 19 09:43 GMT (UK) »
That marriage certainly looks promising, the baptism that Trish posted for John surname Kinchett shows how their surname can be misheard / spelt.  Good that you were able to locate Mary's birth too.

It looks as though the LDS family history centres can access that parish register film.  Unfortunately my local centre to which I was a regular visitor shut a few years ago.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/440712?availability=Family%20History%20Library

That online tree does look well researched and not just copied over from others, certainly a good base to work from though I never trust other peoples trees and always double check.  :) .   

Sorry if I was not answering your original questions but I was not convinced about the Mary Small marriage.  Have you noticed that Mary Smalls son Stephen (& family) also went to Australia in 1849, that entry says his parents are John & Mary -father John is living in Bramshott though does not give a surname for him. 

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk