Author Topic: Lawrence Bradley/Ann Quigley in Draperstown  (Read 882 times)

Offline andarah

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grandfather
    • View Profile
Lawrence Bradley/Ann Quigley in Draperstown
« on: Monday 11 November 19 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching for my Bradleys for over 10 years and with the help of DNA, I think I have found them in Draperstown. I would love help from anyone who may know more than me or anyone who connects to this line!

I have a DNA match with 154.4 cm (no more distant then 2C2R) and my Dad's cousin matches her at 202 cm (no further than 2C1R). Based on my Dad's paternal cousin, I know she's on my paternal grandfather's line. I have been able to eliminate his father's mother's family and also his paternal grandmother, leaving his paternal grandfather. His paternal grandfather was an orphan and he has always been a massive insurmountable brick wall for me. I think I am cracking it open though.

My g-grandfather's parents married in Glasgow in Dec 1894 and my g-grandfather was born a month later in Jan, 1895. My gg-grandmother died 6 weeks later (19 years old) and the father (27 years old in Dec 1894) disappeared shortly thereafter. On the marriage cert his parents were listed as John Bradley and Ann Tweedley. I have traced every Tweedley in Scotland and every one of them leads back to a Quigley in Ireland leading me to conclude that for whatever reason, Quigleys became Tweedleys in Scotland and my gg-grandfather's parents were actually John Bradley and Ann Quigley.

When I looked closely at my DNA match mentioned above, I found her g-grandfather was Lawrence Bradley and Ann Quigley (those names are very similar to ones I am looking for!) in Draperstown. I have found other matches coming from the same couple and one from a Bradley in Draperstown from before Lawrence Bradley was born leading me to believe that this is my line. If Lawrence Bradley and Ann Quigley are my ggg-grandparents, that would make my DNA match my 2C2R, which is the most distant she can be from me and she would be my Dad's cousin's 2C1R (which the DNA supports). I have traced all the children of Lawrence Bradley and Ann Quigley except for John, William and Mary - I can't find them. William was the correct age for my gg-grandfather and my g-grandfather's name was William John. John was born 3 years earlier than the marriage cert states for his age - which is still very plausibly him.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to prove if Lawrence Bradley and Ann Quigley are my John Bradley and Ann Quigley and which son is my gg-grandfather?
Newfoundland:  George
Somerset, England: Slade, Thorne
Lancashire, England:  Reay, Hargrove,
Bute, Scotland:  McBride
Perth:  McCash
Lanarkshire: Love, King, Lyle
Aberdeen/Fossaway:  Duncan, Shepherd, Burns, Johnston
Co Antrim: Warwick
Coleraine, Co Derry:  Kane, McDade
Tyrella, Co Down:  Denvir, McKay, Murray
Fermanagh:  Quinn
Ireland:  McKenna, McGuire, Burns, Hogg, Bradley
Ann Tweedley/Quigley: ?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Bradley/Ann Quigley in Draperstown
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 November 19 20:43 GMT (UK) »

Have you tried going through Civil Reg by Decade for Marriages, Births etc?  Births only start 1864.

You can Select Births or whatever and Decades from list on left.

Link http://www.rootschat.com/links/01omf/

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline andarah1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 March 20 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Sorry! I just saw this. Yes, I have searched the records that exist. My difficulty lies in the fact that I think I have incorrect information and I am not sure how to prove it. I could possibly prove it if someone knows what happened to John Bradley who was born in 1864 in Draperstown. Also, if anyone has documentation connecting to Ann Quigley to a John Bradley which would support the idea of him using an alias. If I could prove their deaths before 1894, it would strengthen my theory.

One of the big ways to prove it is if I am a DNA match with someone on the Quigley line who ties into my line earlier than Ann Quigley. I have already proven a connection to the Bradley line before this couple. If I could prove her line as well, it would make my theory much stronger since I'd have DNA matches to both people that do not come from their union.

Have you tried going through Civil Reg by Decade for Marriages, Births etc?  Births only start 1864.

You can Select Births or whatever and Decades from list on left.

Link http://www.rootschat.com/links/01omf/

Offline karene.mcdowell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 September 20 18:46 BST (UK) »
There is a Facebook group called Ballinascreen genealogy. Lots of Bradley’s from Draperstown there, probably worth a look