Author Topic: Annie Maria SIMMS, born Grandborough; Annie Elizabeth SIMMS, born Marsh Gibbon  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
Annie Maria SIMMS (née DUDLEY) was born in Grandborough in 1860, registered 4th quarter.

Her daughter, Annie Elizabeth SIMMS was born in Marsh Gibbon in 1892, registered 3rd quarter.

On the 1911 census they are living in Castle Street, Marsh Gibbon, together with father/husband James, born Quainton in 1864, registered 2nd quarter with no forename.

I have found James' death in 1924, registered 2nd quarter in the Buckingham registration district, but I am totally stuck with what happened to his wife and daughter. I may have found Annie Elizabeth in 1939 in Aylesbury Mental Hospital but I cannot find anything relevant to place the death of either Annie. 

Can anyone help, please ?
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Maria SIMMS, born Grandborough; Annie Elizabeth SIMMS, born Marsh Gibbon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 19:06 GMT (UK) »
If the 1939 register is your Annie then this death may her with the same birth date  :-\

Annie Elizabeth Simms
Age    95
Birth 22 Jun 1892
Regstriation of Death - Gravesend Feb 1988 Volume 6 Page 888

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Maria SIMMS, born Grandborough; Annie Elizabeth SIMMS, born Marsh Gibbon
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. This is strange - when I saw the date on the 1939 register I thought that it looked familiar. I had seen this death and wondered if it was my A E Simms and then forgotten all about it. I blame old age .....

So now it is just Annie Maria who has vanished into thin air.
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 November 19 07:52 GMT (UK) »
Annie Maria Dudley is in 18 trees on Ancestry, both public and private.  No credible death date proposed for her on quick look through.

Have you applied for James' death certificate, to see if she is the informant, or is he a widower?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 November 19 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Have you got her exact date of birth, just to check the 1939.  In 1901 and 1911 she is just recorded as Annie Simms, so there is this death, and probably others

Annie Simms  birth around 1860  Died age 81 June quarter 1941 in Surrey North Eastern District

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 November 19 08:16 GMT (UK) »
If this is her birth:
Births September quarter 1860
Ann Maria Dudley in Winslow  3a   411

She was born as Ann not Annie, and in the 3rd not 4th quarter.

The Annie Simms who died in Surrey shows on 1939, born on quick free search as July 1860.  I thought this must be the wrong person as a July birth would be registered in 3rd not 4th quarter.

However if she was born July 1860, she would only be 80 in June quarter 1941, unless informant had her age wrong.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 November 19 08:22 GMT (UK) »
No image, so do not know if her actual birth date is in margin, or elsewhere:
England Select Births and Christenings
Anna Maria Dudley baptised 9th December 1860 in Grandborough,Buckingham,
Father: Mathew Dudley  Mother:   Sarah

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 November 19 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for not replying earlier but, for some reason, I had no notifications of your replies.

Looking at my transcripts of the Grandborough baptism records, I note that she was baptised Anna Maria. So we now have three possible forenames.

It looks like the Surrey death is the most likely. There is no matching probate entry.

Thank you all.

LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides